Substance Misuse Nurse (ISMS)
|Job Title:||Substance Misuse Nurse (ISMS)|
|Salary:||£34,196.34 per annum + benefits|
|Start Date:||2019-05-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2019 09:47|
Great nurses are essential to the smooth running of our Healthcare department within the establishment. They have an important role to play in supporting residents with their ongoing medical care.
What makes a great prison Nurse?
We are looking for people who will be a natural fit for the job.
Are you the sort of person who:
- Is reliable?
- Is forward thinking with a holistic approach to care?
- Always treats others fairly and with respect?
- Are you able to give continuity of care without judgement?
- Is quick to notice things, such as changes in peoples condition or when something isn’t quite right?
- Can easily connect and talk to all sorts of people from different backgrounds on their level?
- Keeps calm under pressure?
Why choose Sodexo?
We provide a safe and controlled working environment where you get to see the full cycle of patient care and work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work independently, make your own decisions and have a family friendly work-life balance. Some of the benefits that we offer are:
- Excellent salary £34,196.34
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays, this increases to 28 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years of service. There is also the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Maternity Pay – 12 weeks full pay reducing to 12 weeks half pay and bonus after 5 years service of 4 weeks pay.
- Sick pay Full pay for 4 weeks from 3 months service increasing with service length to full pay for 12 weeks with over 5 years service.
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Sodexo Discounts – wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- Shift work – 12.5 hour shifts a day or nights every 3rd weekend
- Subsidised gym membership
- Work in close collaboration with the Lead Substance Misuse GP and Pharmacist regarding the development and implementation of treatment protocols, policies and national guidelines for clinical management, continuation of care and substitute prescribing regimes and clinical observations to ensure patient’s safety.
- Work in close collaboration with the Clinical Recovery Lead / Substance Misuse GP and Pharmacist regarding the development and implementation of protocols and guidelines for the management of patients who have substance misuse issues out of core hours.
- Attend and contribute to joint case reviews and attend CPA meetings.
- Contribute and provide regular supervision and support for the Health Care Staff and contribute to the duty rotas and shift patterns to ensure a safe and effective seven-day cover self rostering
- Contribute to devising and delivering training to other Clinical Staff, Recovery Workers and other relevant staff across the prison.
- Be responsible for the induction, clinical supervision and training of the junior health care assistants so as to maintain high standards of care.
- Participate in regular supervision, peer review and the appraisal scheme using reflective practice.
- We are looking for people who can run a variety of nurse led substance misuse clinics i.e. Alcohol clinics, Joint review clinics
- Up to date NMC registration
- Open to working within a secure/custodial environment.
- Desire to undertake further training as appropriate
- Motivated and innovative
- RCGP – Level 1 and RCGP Alcohol – Level 1
- Experience of working within a secure environment/ A&E or MEU
- Certificate or course evidence of continuing post registration training.
- Teaching and assessing qualification and experience.
- Ability to utilise information technology sources effectively.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's