|Salary||£34,196.34 per annum + benefits||Sector||Health & Medical|
HMP Peterborough is a unique place to work; we are the only prison in the country which has two estates on one site. The prison’s capacity is 1228 (868 males, 360 females) holding men and women adults from the age of 18 both on remand or sentenced.
The Integrated Substance Misuse team- clinical and psychosocial works in partnership to meet the needs of our patients in accordance of the current guidelines and the ‘orange book.’
As part of the team you will deliver provide a clinical integrated drug treatment service for prisoners from the point of entry into HMP Peterborough until their release. The patient centered interventions aim too reduced substance misuse, maintain safety and improve health and social functioning of patients in the secure environment. Our ambition is to deliver a quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services and working with people to maintain recovery and support the transition into the community.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
Why choose Sodexo?
We provide a safe and controlled working environment where you get to see the full cycle of patient care and work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work independently, make your own decisions and have a family friendly work-life balance. Some of the other benefits that we offer are:
- Excellent salary £34,196.34
- Shift work
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Sodexo Discounts – wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays, this increase to 28 days plus 8 days bank holiday after 3 years of service. There is also the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday.
- Maternity Pay – 12 weeks full pay reducing to 12 weeks half pay and bonus after 5 years’ service of 4 weeks’ pay.
- Sick pay Full pay for 4 weeks from 3 months service increasing with service length to full pay for 12 weeks with over 5 years service.
- Can specialize in Substance Misuse, RCGP courses
- Subsidised gym membership
- Triage the drug treatment needs of new arrivals/transfers and those currently in custody and provide advice on a range of health and harm reduction issues to drug misusers.
- Safely promote the generic health needs of prisoners with drug misuse issues and refer on to Health Care when required.
- Provide a safe and accurate full comprehensive clinical substance misuse assessment of prisoners drug treatment needs in collaboration with the lead Substance Misuse GP and Recovery Services using evidence based research.
- Safely and effectively carry out appropriate clinical and prison ACCT risk assessment regarding the prisoner’s drug treatment and mental health issues thereby implementing appropriate interventions to manage the risks.
- Administer and supervise the consumption of controlled drug medication as prescribed to patients of the service in line with the service / Prison Protocols.
- Work in close collaboration with the Lead Substance Misuse GP and Nurse prescriber regarding the development and implementation of treatment protocols, policies and guidelines for the continuation or initiation of Clinical Recovery for patients received or treated in the prison.
- Communicate information in line with Prison confidentiality policies to relevant agencies both within and external to the prison.
- Ensure the compilation and maintenance of proper and accurate confidential records of all patient interventions and contact with other agencies, consistent with NHS practice and regulations and as required by Sodexo Justice Services Instructions.
- Maintain and develop IT skills to be able to operate I.T. equipment as provided by the Prison.
- Be responsible for the induction, clinical supervision and training of the junior health care assistants so as to maintain high standards of care
- RGN Qualification (We will not be considering applications from RMNs for this position.)
- Proven experience in similar role.
- Experience of working in the substance misuse field.
- Experience of working within a prison setting.
- Experience of working with offenders.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.