Studio Feasibility Engineer
- Job Reference: 00040044-1
- Date Posted: 22 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Warwick, Warwickshire
- Salary: £60,000 to £65,000
- Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
As a Studio Feasibility Engineer, your objective is to enable the product vision with the minimum possible compromise to Design, Engineering or Package. This will include but is not limited to:
* Provide guidance to Design and Engineering on all aspects of interior and exterior feasibility
* Identifying benchmarks along with supporting technical information that challenges Design and Engineering across all functions
* Drives benchmarking activities to capture technical information and product understanding to drive Design and Engineering
* Driving feasibility assessment and resolution of issues found across all areas of Design, including surface development, perceived quality, CMF, and UX/UI.
* Provide guidance to Design on key systems, such as glass barrel, closures sweeps, wheel travel, and their effect on associated geometry, cutlines and craftmanship
* Understands key vehicle requirements affecting A-Surface (e.g. homologation, aero targets) and ensures these are robustly delivered.
* Utilises CAD (preferably NX) to review, create and organize information from and for Design and Engineering
* Coordination and management of the feasibility checkpoint process
* Ensuring released surfaces are aligned with the agreed approach
* Has excellent negotiation skills, and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to colleagues from a range of disciplines.
* Demonstrable experience of leading the resolution of cross-functional studio feasibility issues
* Good understanding of occupant package including basics of ergonomics, such as reach, comfort clearances, visual obscuration, direct and indirect vision, ingress/egress, cargo requirements, and loading. Knowledge of human simulation packages such as RAMSIS are a plus.
* Has a good understanding of A-Surface development and Design approach. Is able to articulate Design musts and wants to Engineering and vice versa to drive convergence.
* Is familiar with homologation requirements including but not limited to ECE, FMVSS and GB standards
* Excited by advances in automotive design and demonstrates an extensive knowledge of the latest developments and what would be considered “State of the art”. Uses this knowledge to challenge Design, Engineering and Package to deliver the best possible outcome.
* Able to communicate efficiently and effectively through all forms of communication, as well as present technical reports confidently
* Must be able to use MS Office, particularly Powerpoint, Excel, Project and Word
Studio Feasibility Engineer Key Results Areas
* Drive studio feasibility to ensure assessments are completed and deliverables are met at each feasibility checkpoint
* Ensure strong governance of feasibility checkpoint activities to ensure robust concurrent working between all stakeholders.
* Transparent reporting of feasibility checkpoint status
* Surface releases reflect all agreements made
* Robust surface change management
**Based in the UK but travel to Europe will be required (post Covid-19 restrictions)