Bristol or Plymouth, UK - Hybrid - working from home options available Compensation:
£39,408 - £44,044 (dependent on experience)Role Type:
Full time / Permanent Role ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Structures Engineer at our Bristol or Plymouth site.The role
As a Structures Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. This role is based with Submarine Support Engineer (SSE). The SSE mission is to deliver submarine programme and engineering excellence through enterprise collaboration, innovation, and analytics. Within SSE, the Constructive Group support the Royal Navy Submarine Fleet through the Structures, Naval Architecture, Seamanship and Outfitting and Design Change disciplines.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with a desire to be at the forefront of engineering excellence, to join a growing team of Structural Engineers within the Constructive Group.
This role will allow the successful candidate to work on a wide range of projects on complex assets, which may include:
- Structural assessment using hand calculations and Finite Element Analysis.
- Design and assessment for explosive shock survivability.
- Platform surveys and validation exercises.
- Generation of capability upgrades.
- Technical investigations and feasibility studies.
In addition, the successful candidate will work alongside a leading pool of submarine structures expertise across the defence sector with fantastic opportunities to learn and continue their professional development.Essential experience of the Structures Engineer,
- Experience in structural analysis and design; knowledge of submarines is desired but not necessary. Support and training will be provided for the successful candidate to apply and develop their knowledge of structures to submarine specific structures.
- Effective project management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of delivery reliability, productivity, and quality.
- A continuous improvement mentality.
This position is based in Bristol with hybrid working, coming into the office 2/3 days a week. We are also open to candidates based in Plymouth, based at Devonport Dockyard, who can attend the Bristol office at least once a month. Qualifications for the Structures Engineer,
- Degree qualified in a STEM discipline (or equivalent experience).
The post will be based in an environment regulated by Trade Control legislation and involve working with controlled goods, technology and/or services. You must be a sole UK national and be eligible for 'Security Check' (SC) or 'Developed Vetting' (DV) security clearance.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Nuclear Engineering, Structural Engineer, CSR, Project Manager, Engineer, Engineering, Management, Technology