Bristol, UK - Hybrid - working from home options available Compensation:
Competitive and dependent on experience + benefitsRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
SF 41080GMake your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Structures Engineer at our Keynsham site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibilityBabcock International and Submarine Support Engineering
The Structures Engineer role is based within our Submarine Support Engineering (SSE).
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
The SSE mission is to deliver submarine programme and engineering excellence through enterprise collaboration, innovation and analytics. Within SSE, the Constructive Group support the Royal Navy Submarine Fleet through the Structures, Naval Architecture, Seamanship and Outfitting and Design Change disciplines.The roleThe difference our new Structures Engineer will make
As a Structures Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with a desire to be at the forefront of engineering excellence, to join a growing team of structural engineers within the Constructive Group.
Day to day, you'll do structural assessments using hand calculations and Finite Element Analysis. You will do platform surveys and validation exercises, and trials and testing. Then report this back to various stakeholders, making visible contributions to the defence capability of the UK, helping to keep the Royal Navy at sea and fighting fit
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working. The primary office is based in Keynsham, which is situated between Bristol (5 miles) and Bath (7 miles). Agile working means that a significant proportion of the work will be conducted from home.Essential experience
- Experience in structural analysis and design; knowledge of submarines is desired but not necessary. Support and training will be provided for the successful candidate to apply and develop their knowledge of structures to submarine specific structures.
- Degree qualified in a STEM discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Effective project management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of delivery reliability, productivity and quality;
- A continuous improvement mentality.
The post will be based in an environment regulated by Trade Control legislation and involve working with controlled goods, technology and/or services. You must be a sole UK national and be eligible for 'Security Check' (SC) or 'Developed Vetting' (DV) security clearance.What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme - save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Employment development allowance - £125 per year
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Nuclear Engineering, Structural Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Engineer, CSR, Engineering, Management