|Salary||£45000 - £50000 per annum||Sector||Sales|
Strategic Sales & Marketing Manager
Full time, permanent
£45-50K depending on experience + skills
Excellent benefits package including flexible working hours and share options!
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Strategic Sales and Marketing Manager to lead a team of 10+ in achieving the sales targets and other set objectives. This is a strategic, but also, very hands on role where you will help develop the business, product and market strategies, create and execute departmental plans as well as deal with the day to day aspects of running the department and be able to engage with our products and customers.
- Managing the sales, quotations and enquiries team to maximise sales worldwide is a key responsibility. Part of your sales role will be to devise and co-ordinate sales initiatives and organise occasional distributor conferences. You will also be expected to make sales visits in person.
- Work with the Distributor Managers to maintain and develop the network, but as new products come on-stream you will also be involved in developing the sales channels.
Planning and budgeting
- You will co-ordinate the S&M annual planning and budgeting process to deliver an agreed departmental plan. During the year you will report on progress towards the agreed objectives and monitor the budget to ensure it is on track.
- You will manage your team to clarify priorities, identify bottlenecks etc. You will also carry out regular 1-2-1s as an opportunity to discuss broader issues. Personal Development Reviews are carried out by department managers annually.
Marketing and product development strategies
- As part of the Product Strategy and Marketing Group you will contribute to short, medium and long term product development plans. You will be expected to maintain a thorough understanding of product applications, markets and competitors, acquiring the knowledge through customer and distributor visits, professional networking, and attendance at conferences and exhibitions, as well as online and offline reading of market intelligence.
-A particular responsibility will be to propose product positioning strategies to define product ranges that are coherent in terms of application, price, quality and competitor positioning.
New product introduction
- Plan for direct sales, distributor sales, product training, marcoms activity and launch events. Preparations have to be in place for price lists, lead handling, quotation generation, ERP/CRM systems and technical support. As the S&M Manager you will be responsible for carefully planning and co-ordinating NPI activities.
- You will also be responsible for coordinating periodic pricing reviews of the entire product range, including pricing recommendations and revisions to distributor discount schemes.