Strategic Field Technician
|Job Title:||Strategic Field Technician|
|Salary:||£20874 - £28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2019 13:12|
The purpose of the role is to provide excellent customer service undertaking planned operational tasks. Majority of the time will be spent supporting our Eight20 and Infrastructure Alliance programmes of work. This this role will focus on Network Mains Upgrade projects, Trunk Main project support across the Thames Valley region and ensure local key targets are met through full co-operation, flexible contribution and support.
Fully support the Network Mains Upgrade program of works across the Thames Valley through providing additional resource where required.
Fully support the Trunk Main programme of works on planned projects, additionally ensuring our key valve checking programme on high consequence valves is fully complete and full completion of our new valve checking programme of works.
You will be required to take ownership of network upgrade projects and trunk main projects where needed, supporting team members within the group and provide cover for projects during leave.
This role is based at our Highworth site, however regular travel around the region area will be required.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Capturing full recharge costs for submission on a monthly basis on the projects being worked on.
- Support network activities during asset failures.
- Ensure water quality compliance during work.
- Minimise and prevent supply interruption, liaising with customers and working to resolve problems where necessary to ensure service is delivered efficiently.
- Develop and enhance working relationships with other teams across the clean water business.
- Support the Trunk Main large asset group within the Thames Valley during network events where required, and fully support all targets to ensure full compliance by year end.
Our customers are at the heart of everything that we do. We are looking for someone that has experience of working within operational / network role with strong working knowledge of water industry procedures; this will include safety, health and wellbeing.
Our ideal candidate will have knowledge on the water mains network, as well as Water Network Standards to understand and demonstrate best practice and have relevant water network qualifications in operating water networks.
This role will require you to work autonomously as well as within a team. The role requires driving to multiple sites, therefore you must be a confident driver, and hold a full UK driving licence.
This role will require additional banked hours to be worked in a planned flexible manner for which you will receive an enhancement on top of your basic salary of 28.2%. This will be outside of normal core working hours. Some night, weekend shifts will be required as required.
What’s in it for you:
- This is a varied role where you will be working with and meeting different people and organisations on a daily basis.
- This role will allow you to acquire a broad understanding of Thames Water operations in the field to ensure work activities progress to project completion.
- You will need to provide an exceptional service to all stakeholders involved especially focusing on our customers with the aim of minimising customer disruption.
- This is a ground-breaking time for the water industry having to work in different ways, more efficiently and with more emphasis on keeping our customer promises.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's