Static Building service engineer- £30k- Dartford
|Job Title:||Static Building service engineer- £30k- Dartford|
|Salary:||£26000 - £30000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2018-12-10 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Zan Saeed|
|Job Published:||December 10, 2018 14:21|
Our client design and manufacture high performance electric industrial motors. They strive for excellence in their work, with the ultimate mission to provide the best quality products on time to their customers.
Over the past few years the company has invested in moving and modernising its manufacturing capabilities in pursuit of technical excellence and as a result they now house one of the most advanced Machine Shops in the South-East.
They are looking to recruit an exceptional person to work collaboratively with the Facilities, Health & Safety and Maintenance departments to ensure the delivery of a high level of service with the accurate and timely delivery of service across the business.
Building service engineers main duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting PPM’s to the maintenance programme ( AHUs, water systems, A/C units)
- Monitoring BMS, lighting systems ( Zumtobel )
- Regular monitoring of the company’s fire system.
- Adhering to L8 regulations, Legionella checks and maintenance of appropriate log sheet.
- Maintain and check AHU’s and A/C units regularly in order to provide comfortable working environments.
- supervising Facilities contractors while operating on site.
- Providing a customer centric, flexible and responsive maintenance service providing effective, quality resolutions to internal issues.
- To undertake electrical and mechanical fault diagnostics and undertake repairs to a wide variety of building and domestic services plant, infrastructure and building fabric, fixtures and fittings.
- Maintaining the outside plant areas i.e. Boiler room, compressors, chillers and roof drainage systems.
- Monitoring and maintaining the water harvesting system on site, making reasonable repairs and adjustments as necessary.
- General Site maintenance i.e. plumbing, carpentry and painting.
- Compliance with safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Supporting and Working with maintenance department on new equipment/plant installation as well as equipment, plant, workstation moves within the company
- Working with IT and maintenance in regards to installation/modifications to Power, Air and IT cable connections/drops between the Main service supplies to local equipment
- Electrical or mechanical qualification
- Plumbing experience
- IEMA Certificate preferred but not essential
- L8 Legionella Control
- Building fabric and electrical / mechanical technician with at least 2 years' experience.
- Knowledge of working in compliance with UK industrial safety standards
- Health and Safety Qualification
Will provide training courses for any of the above that they do not have.
Knowledge and Experience
It is essential that the successful candidate has a Level Three Qualification in Electrical Installation or Level 2 Certificate in Mechanical Engineering. Previous experience in Facilities Hard Service or in a Building Services Maintenance role, preferably within a manufacturing environment. It is desirable for the successful candidate to have previous experience of working within the ME sector and undertaking maintenance activity across a broad range of services. Knowledge of BMS systems essential ( Trend ). Strong knowledge of humidity and temperature control within the work space is essential.
Skills & Abilities
- IT skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and juggle tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demanding internal clients.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- A desire to learn.
- A real desire to make a difference coupled with the resilience to see a job through.
- An enthusiastic can-do approach to getting things done.
- Align with SEM company values - with a high degree of integrity and pride in the work that you do.
- Self-driven, determined to do a good job and have a good work ethic.
- Adaptable and flexible - willing to go the extra mile.
Salary & Package:
- £30,000 basic
- Over time
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday
- Training and development
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
static electrical engineer- shoreditch- £36k
£32000 - £36000 per annum, Benefits: travel card
Semi Static Fabric Engineer - Bracknell
£28000 - £34000 per annum
Static AC maintenance engineer– UCL Campus
£30000 - £34000 per annum
Static AC / PPM Engineer - London
£30000 - £33000 per annum
Static Electrical Improver – 27k – London
£26000 - £27000 per annum