- Job Reference: 00055039-1
- Date Posted: 12 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a SQL Server developer who can join our development team. We are looking for someone with experience in full stack (SSRS, SSIS and T-SQL) development. Your time will be spent, working on development projects for our customers, supporting technical enquiries from our service desk and proactive DBA activities to keep the platforms running smoothly.
Some experience of .net (both C# and VB) is a definite advantage.
The position offers a great opportunity to develop quickly within a growing business. We believe in empowering our team to look after their assignments cradle to grave, which gives exposure to more than just development, you will talk to the customers about their requirements, support testing and UAT activities and deploy your work into production.
Since 2012, our client has been delivering cutting edge Business Intelligence solutions to a global customer base using Microsoft SQL Server and Microstrategy. At the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic, like many others, they began working from home full time. This will continue so this is a remote based role. There will be meetups in Derbyshire every 2-3 months so you will need to be able to commit to attending these.
The contracted hours are 35 hours per week between the hours of Mon – Fri 09:00-17:00, occasionally you will be required to carry out deployments outside of these hours. There is a rota of paid (over the base salary) on-call shifts over weekend where you will be required to support critical issues only, when there are no issues (which is the normal expectation) you will not be required to carry out any other duties. The current rota requires each developer to cover 1 in every 4 weekends and there is an on-call allowance for this.
What kind of person are we looking for?
It’s a busy environment where requirements change daily, and we would be looking for someone who is excited by the fast pace. Logical problem solving is a key attribute along with the confidence to ask questions when required. Attention to detail is key. We would be keen to employ someone with the right mindset over current technical knowledge as we are happy to provide some training on the job.
• T-SQL development
• Report development in SSRS
• ETL development using SSIS
• Following development processes including keeping source control updated
• Some basic asp.net web development
• Supporting system testing and resolving defects
• Putting together test documentation
• Resolving support incidents
• Keep up-to-date on the latest technologies
• Direct communication with clients
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with good technical skills. The role requires the following specific skills:
• Experience of MS SQL Server
o Writing complex T-SQL
o Some report development (ideally in SSRS)
o Some ETL development (ideally in SSIS)
• Ideally previous experience of using ASP.net (VB.net)
• Some experience of Source control (GIT etc.) and DevOps would be a bonus
• A methodical and logical approach to problem solving
• The ability to work successfully within a team
• Good interpersonal skills to interact with the rest of the team
This will be a varied and interesting role offering good career development, suitable for a SQL developer keen to further their career. To £30,000 + on-call worth approx £5000 + benefits including 4% pension.. Interested? Send your CV now