- Job Reference: 00027267-1
- Date Posted: 13 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire
- Salary: £68.39 to £80.00 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
Sports Coach (Behavioural Support)
£68.39 - £80.00 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: 6 weeks referenceable experience within a relevant setting
Vision for Education are seeking Sports Coach with experience working with children or young adults with complex needs and behaviours that challenge to join our team from November 2020.
The role of a Sports Coach involves working within a dedicated behavioural support team providing learning support to Students in a variety of SEMH (social Emotional, Mental Health, EBD (Emotional, Behavioural difficulties) and complex needs Schools and settings in the Rotherham area. In this role you will encourage and engage young people who are disengaged from Education in either groups or on a 1:1 basis, this will either be through a variety of sports or within classroom-based learning. This can work around your personal circumstances, for example alongside your studies, another job or on a full-time basis.
All of the schools that vision for education work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience tailored to each students individual needs.
To be considered for the Sports coach position, you will:
• Have a minimum of 20 days experience in one relevant setting i.e. school, youth centre, sports coaching, residential setting, respite centre
• A reference to cover a 6 week period (this does not have to be full time) experience on a relevant setting as above
• Previous experience of working with behaviours that challenge is highly desirable
• An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
• The ability to work on initiative and proactively
• The desire to work with young people with special educational needs
• Own transport is highly desirable or close links to public transport
• Available at least 3 days per week
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Sports Coach who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Francesca Halit on (phone number removed) or email
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.