|Job Title:||SPMT Operator|
|Salary:||Competitive, based on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-03-12 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2019 14:42|
ALE provide bespoke transport, lifting and installation solutions based upon each client's needs. As an ALE SPMT Operator you will be at the forefront of these operations, you will therefore be committed to carrying out all of your duties in a safe, responsible and efficient manner. You will be operating, driving, loading, offloading and mobilizing all types of hydraulic trailer. No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations across the country and possibly beyond. If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.Package description
Competitive rates packageMain responsibilities
- Drive, load / offload, mobilisation and operation of SPMT, plus installation, rigging and general maintenance.
- Assistance with configuration of trailer fleet.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client regulations.
- Use and maintain all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), reporting any defects to your supervisor
- Complete daily checks of all plant equipment in your care and report defects.
- Promote and ensure good housekeeping is practiced at all times.
- Follow the correct procedure to report details of any accident, incident or nonconformity and to participate in the investigation.
- Promote and participate in all Health, Safety, Quality and Environment initiatives.
- Appropriate drivers license
- Rigger, Forklift & / or Elevated Work Platform licence
- Mechanical Trade qualifications
- Basic industry health and safety requirements
- Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and its use
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with hydraulic modular trailers transporting abnormal &/or heavy haulage
- Ability to demonstrate a sound safety record
- Previous experience working with hydraulic and / or mechanical equipment
- Goldhofer & /or Scheuerle trailer operating experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The ability to plan, organize and work efficiently under pressure
- Competent English speaker– able to give clear concise instructions to operational personnel
- Able to work as part of a team and assist in all job requirements
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Fluent English written and spoken
- High level of self-motivation
- Must be safety focused with the ability to self-manage in order to achieve the desired program and Health and Safety targets.
- Can work without supervision
- Willing to travel and work nationally and sometimes internationally
- Current and valid driving license
- Fit and healthy and able to undergo a medical examination.
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in more than 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's