|Salary||£37400 - £50600 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
The SPG engineers delivers a range of technical services required typically through the engineering project lifecycle and in other operational initiatives and functions. Process plant include dewatering plate presses, fluidised bed incinerator with associated abatement plant, water tube boiler, steam turbine and ancillary equipment.
- Assessment of technical information and development of solutions, through the preparation of engineering deliverables such as delivery to task specifications, engineering reports, drawings, specifications and data sheets.
- Delivery of project outputs, as part of multi disciplinary project or operational teams, in accordance with project or service delivery procedures.
- Delivery of planned statutory and maintenance shutdowns to time, cost and quality.
- Communication of progress and additional resource requirements to relevant manager.
- Management of statutory regulations and maintain compliance of plant and equipment.
- In some instances, supervision of a small team to ensure delivery against objectives.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues.
- Engineering degree or other appropriate technical qualification.
- Working towards or achieved relevant professional qualification and/or membership of a professional institution.
- Typically, two years’ experience in a related role.
- Good communication skills.
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software.
Working across the whole site or a range of sites in a very interesting environment, with no one day being the same, this varied role boasts about its great family feel team where you will never be short of support. You will receive competitive benefits as well as full training for health & safety, technical and processes related to the plant.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.