Speech And Language Therapist
- Job Reference: 00022338-1
- Date Posted: 8 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: £30,000 to £42,000
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for an inspirational and passionate Speech & Language Therapists to support our pupils in our East London (Stratford) Independent School. The role will support young people to access education through tackling Speech & Language deprivation and addressing behavioural needs.
Therapists will work in a family-owned group of Good and Outstanding schools and services for pupils aged 7 to 19 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We are committed to achieving the best outcome for each pupil and their family through access to outstanding education and family support. We provide a sector-leading therapeutic education and pupil leadership curriculum across our two day schools.
The role is permanent, term time only + 2 weeks per year.
Therapist will work alongside other healthcare professionals and education staff to support the needs of the students.
Therapists will need to;
* Demonstrable success in offering Speech & Language Therapy Services to children with SEMH/ASC,
* Minimum of 2-3 years’ post qualification experience
* HCPC Registered
* Excellent attention to detail and proactive in proposing improvements to the service
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* A flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
* Manage their own caseload whilst working alongside other health and education professionals.
* Be confident in providing timely assessments, therapy sessions and supporting education staff in class.
* One role will include supporting service development and clinical supervision for other therapists.
The school can offer:
* An opportunity to join a leading provider of specialist education in one of the most rewarding sectors whilst directly contributing to the positive outcomes for pupils with SEMH and ASC.
* Excellent CPD opportunities to develop your career
* Competitive salary and terms and conditions
* Stakeholder Employer contributory pension scheme.
* A range of Employee Support and Wellbeing benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) providing 24 hours a day counselling support and a wealth of online resources.
* Guaranteed ‘Gold standard training’.
* Health Shield -A range of Employee Support and Wellbeing benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), My Counselling, My GP Anytime, My Health Assessments, My On-Demand Physio, My Wellbeing App and the exclusive reward splatform My Perks, offering multiple discounts on shopping, fashion and entertainment.
* Annual training week’ providing an array of training alongside networking opportunities.
* Mobile phone and laptop.
* Access to a fun social calendar.
Must be forward thinking, solution focussed therapist with motivation to support service development.
Applicant must be qualified therapist and member of HCPC.
We a committed to keeping both staff and students safe and launched our complete home learning programme in 2020 where staff are able to continue to support students remotely whilst working from home