|Location||Abbey Wood||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£40000 - £50000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
You will be required to oversee the technical inspection standards for specialist low voltage electrical maintenance across a region including fixed electrical testing, electrical installations, Hazardous Areas inspections/installations and Lightning Protection systems. This role will involve:
- Carrying out site audits of contractors, delivering specialist LV Electrical Maintenance ensuring they are compliant with Best Practice and Regulatory Standards.
- Providing technical scrutiny and challenge of inspection and remedial reports.
- Specifying essential work and assisting with quotations and design for necessary remedial actions.
- Assisting in the planning for the delivery of contractor inspections across Fixed Electrical Testing, Hazardous Area Inspections, Lightning Protection Inspections and all associated remedial work.
- Providing cover for Low Voltage Contract Manager as and when required.
- We are looking for a qualified Electrician (ECS Card Approved Electrician or above) with previous experience working as an NICEIC Qualified Supervisor.
- An excellent understanding of IEE Wiring Regulations (BS7671) with 18th Edition update and previous experience undertaking/supervising Electrical Installation Condition Reporting (EICR)
- Working knowledge of Electrical Installations in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres (DSEAR)
- You will have good working knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements, particularly the electrical safety legislation, codes of practice and safe working practices.
- Experience in managing relationships with contractors and operational staff is important together with good analytical/ Microsoft Office skills.
- You must hold a full, UK driving license to be considered for this role.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.