Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Job Reference: 00023532-1
- Date Posted: 16 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Greenwich, London
- Salary: £70.00 to £90.00 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Special Needs Teaching Assistant
COVID-19 notice: We're continuing to recruit education staff throughout these unprecedented times, as we can still get you registered and cleared ready for when schools re-open. Instead of face-to-face meetings, all interviews will be via phone and we can guide you through submitting your documents online.
Are you looking for a new role? Tradewind have the need to recruit for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant for a position in Greenwich.
Tradewind Recruitment is seeking a trained and qualified Special Needs Teaching Assistant to join this OFSTED Good Primary school based in Greenwich for an October Half Term start. This position is for a full time contract that will be through till July 2021 and the rate will be based on experience between £70-90 per day.
This two form entry Primary school works hard to help remove barriers to learning. The Primary School aims to enable all children the opportunity to achieve their best academically, emotionally and socially. The aim of the school and Inclusion team is to support each student identified to ensure their needs are met, whatever they may be. The school believe it should be equal opportunities for all, regardless of background or ability.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with Autism and ADHD. It would also be desirable that they have worked with students with EBD though not essential as further training in school can be given.
Tradewind are looking for:
- A Special Needs Teaching Assistant who is firm but fair in their approach.
- A candidate that can liaise and communicate clearly with Teacher, SENCo and other outside agencies if needed.
- A person that will work hard, doing all they can for the children in their care.
This school is located in Greenwich access to the school is easy by public transport which the school encourage as part of their green environment plan but parking is available for those that need it.
To join us and be successful in this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
- Hold a Teaching Assistant Qualification, SEN Qualification or have at least 1 year of experience working with SEN
- References that cover at least 6 months of child based work within the past 2 years.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click "Apply Now" to get your application started for the role of Special Needs Teaching Assistant. Or for more information you can contact Craig Sowden on (phone number removed) / (url removed)
We look forward to hearing from you so that we can make a difference to this school Because Education Matters.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer