Southern Distribution BDM
|Job Title:||Southern Distribution BDM|
|Salary:||£28000 - £35000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-31 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Dawson|
|Job Published:||December 21, 2018 08:41|
Reporting To: Sales Manager
Hours of Work: Mon – Fri 830am – 5pm.
Location: Southern based
Salary:£28,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience
Probationary Period: 6 months
Notice Period: 1 month
Holidays: 25 plus 8 bank holidays
Pension: standard pension.
Our fan distribution and engineering company requires a Distribution Business Development Representative for our Southern region with strong interpersonal and communication skills, a focus on organisation, and enhanced multitasking abilities. B2B sales, marketing and strategic analysis are important aspects of the position, along with exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to support our distribution partners to enable them to close deals. The ideal candidate has experience researching market trends, targeting relationships and using proven methods to develop our business strategy while retaining distribution partners interest in our brand and range of products. The role will be led by the employee who will plan their own diary and activities in line with their planned and developed distribution strategy. For this reason, the employee must have a positive tenacious attitude and plenty of initiative to continue developing the strategy to suit each distribution partners own needs.
• Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
• Collaborate with marketing to oversee marketing materials are in line with distribution activities.
• Liase with technical sales teams to ensure that quote and technical requirements are met.
• Maintain good working relationships with current distributors and identify new distribution prospects within the area you have been assigned. Setting up meetings
• Be a brand custodian for the company and our supplier partners across all of our distribution partners, encouraging positive perception and brand messaging.
• Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning
• Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on corporate competitive positioning.
• Planning, preparing and delivering presentations – training and product overviews.
• Training an extensive sales team – product, market and applications
• Writing and keeping reports to analyse distribution sales performance and trends.
• Attend industry and distribution led trade events
• Joint end user visits with distribution partners. Technical sales engineers to be involved if needed.
• Motivate and inspire our distribution partners to target industrial fan accounts and choose us first.
• Obtain an edge over the competition.
Key Skills Required:
• Good business sense
• Financial planning
• Marketing initiative
• Strategy development and implementation
• Creative thinking to develop initiatives
• Good communication
• Negotiation skills
• A positive attitude
• Plenty of initiative
• Previous experience in a Distribution sales related role or
• Previous experience in a Sales and marketing related role
• Electrical or industrial background (preferred)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's