Sous Chef - Michelin Guide Free house - Letcombe Regis - Oxford
|Job Title:||Sous Chef - Michelin Guide Free house - Letcombe Regis - Oxford|
|Salary:||£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rob Jones|
|Job Published:||March 21, 2019 13:55|
My client is looking for a Sous Chef to join the team at a beautiful village pub in Oxfordshire. This Michelin guide pub serves 100% fresh homemade food to an exceptional standard, using the best local produce available. Because of the owners and Kitchen passion to deliver high standards of service and food, the free house has won many Industry Awards including Michelin Plate 2019, Top 100 Great British Hotels 2018 (Sunday Times), Good Hotel Guide Editor's Choice 2019 for pub-with-rooms, Good Pub Guide and Good Beer Guide 2019 and Numerous excellent reviews in the national and local press including the Times, Telegraph and I.
Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: Letcombe Regis
Reports To: Head Chef
Liaises With: Head Chef, Kitchen Staff, FOH Staff, Suppliers and Owners
Salary: Up to £25,000
Benefits: Tips on top average about £3,500 per year, 25% discount on food and drink purchased at the pub, Pension contribution, private accommodation in staff house available for £80 per week + Bills.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Working in a junior sous chef role or senior chef de partie role currently.
- Knowledgeable of classic cooking techniques.
- Trained in working all sections of the kitchen.
- Able to manage a team of chefs.
- Able to support the Head Chef.
- Trained in the use of Microsoft office.
- Passionate about nose to tail cooking.
- Creative and adaptable.
- As a Sous Chef your primary role will be to assist the Head Chef in the day-to-day running of the kitchen and deputise in the Head Chef absences.
- Oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals for the restaurant.
- You will maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- You will lead by example and build effective and constructive relationships.
- You will communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Working collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Ensure all chefs are familiar with both the days and ongoing requirements.
- Ensure the necessary products are in stock at the required quality and quantity for the day's preparation requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers as soon as possible regarding any discrepancies in deliveries.
- Ensure each dish leaving the kitchen is the required quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- Ensure daily and weekly cleaning tasks are carried out in accordance with the HACCP plan.
- Manage and train any junior kitchen staff as required to ensure they can perform their duties correctly.
- Assist the Head Chef developing new dishes and menus.
- Monitor portion and waste control and maintain profit margins.
- Order ingredients as required and maintaining appropriate stock levels of these products.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Sous Chef - Lyme Regis
£28000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus + Live In
Head Chef - Luxury Country Inn - Letcombe Regis - Up to £40,000
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Sous Chef - Traditional Free House - Kington St Michael
Head Chef - Lyme Regis
Lyme Regis, Dorset
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Blandford Forum, Dorset
Up to £19760.00 per annum