Position: Sous Chef
Establishment: Established Village Pub
Location: Nr Cheltenham, GL54
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 P/A
Type: Permanent, 40 hours per week (5/7 days, weekends included)
Are you looking for your next step in your kitchen Career? Want to work with fresh food? Want to work with a friendly team? Have opportunities to progress…. I could go on! Then this role may be for you…
This established village pub, is the heart of the community. It serves 100% fresh homemade food to an exceptional standard, using the best local produce available. The owners are passionate about food, whereby they have recently invested in a BERTHA (wood & charcoal fired oven) in the kitchen which allows to achieve unique flavours, and the kitchen team create exciting food because of it. Their aim is to do classic pub food exceptionally as well as interesting premium dishes.
My client is looking for a Sous chef who is passionate about food and hospitality. For the right candidate quick career progression could be have as currently the owners are looking for new site so can expect a quick promotion to head chef if right candidate
The ideal candidate will be:
- Knowledgeable of classic cooking techniques.
- Trained in working all sections of the kitchen.
- Able to manage a team of chefs.
- Able to support the Head Chef.
- Trained in the use of Microsoft office.
- Passionate about nose to tail cooking.
- Creative and adaptable.
- As a sous Chef your primary role will be to assist the Head Chef in the day-to-day running of the kitchen and deputise in the Head Chef absences.
- Oversee the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals for the restaurant.
- You will maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- You will lead by example and build effective and constructive relationships.
- You will communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Working collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Ensure all chefs are familiar with both the days and ongoing requirements.
- Ensure the necessary products are in stock at the required quality and quantity for the day's preparation requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers as soon as possible regarding any discrepancies in deliveries.
- Ensure each dish leaving the kitchen is the required quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- Ensure daily and weekly cleaning tasks are carried out in accordance with the HACCP plan.
- Manage and train any junior kitchen staff as required to ensure they can perform their duties correctly.
- Assist the Head Chef developing new dishes and menus.
- Monitor portion and waste control and maintain profit margins.
- Order ingredients as required and maintaining appropriate stock levels of these products.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to join a real foodie company with a focus on quality
- Meals on Duty
This type of opportunity doesn't come around very often, so If you are interested in this role then APPLY NOW or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650 or email me at for more details or to discuss other opportunities