|Location||Guildford, Surrey||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £30000.00 per annum||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
SOUS CHEF - GASTRO PUB
OUTSKIRTS OF GUILDFORD
£30K + TIPS
Recruiting for a Sous Chef to join a leading pub group who are looking for a passionate, dedicated and talented Chef to join one of their sites near Guildford, you will work alongside the Head Chef to enhance the food offering and drive the business forward.
You will deputise in the Head Chef's absence, confidently managing the kitchen and mentoring your team. You will assist in the overall running of the kitchen, cooking high quality meals for high volume as well as assisting in menu design.
As Sous Chef you'll be hands on to ensure the smooth running of abusy kitchen. That means you'll be cooking and working across all sections, but you'll also create the regularly changing, seasonal fresh food menu. They make almost everything from scratch so this is a role for a Sous Chef who really loves fresh ingredients and has a passion for flavours.
- To ensure the food preparation and presentation meets the required standards
- To comply with all of the health and safety and food safety legislations
- To supervise and motivate the team when required
- To monitor portion control, fresh food and dry store orders
What You Need
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef, ideally in a premium pub
- Great people manager with a focus on training and development
- High standards of food hygiene and H&S
- Passionate and knowledgeable about fresh food and quality ingredients
- Strong grasp of stock, GP and labour control
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Staff discount
- Long service awards
- Endless progression available
- Flexibility to move to different sites.
To apply for this role simply press the 'APPLY' button now.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.