Job title: Sous Chef
Location: Derby DE1
Contract type: Temporary to permanent contract
Hourly rate/Salary: £11.50p/h
Located in one of the finest buildings in the heart of Derby, and dedicated to delivering a truly memorable experience for those who step inside, our client is seeking a talented Sous Chef with a flair for cooking, and a passion for all things food, and someone who is looking to make their next move in the career ladder.
The Head Chef of this lively family run restaurant has decided to take a step back, opening up the opportunity for someone with the desire to progress, and to be trained into the Head Chef role.
Known for its fabulous delivery of Italian Cuisine with a European twist, this truly is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate.
This a 2-3 week temporary contract maybe longer, but this will offer a chance of becoming permanent if successful.
Salary: You will initially start on temporary contract through our agency offering a salary of £11.50p/h paid weekly, if successful and once moved over permanently there will be a competitive salary offered from £22-£25K on a permanent basis with the company.
Hours & days of week:
* Tuesday - Saturday
* Split shifts: 10:30am - 2:00pm / 5:30pm-10:00pm
* Located in the heart of Derby City Centre, near Derby Cathedral, and a quick 10 minute walk from the Bus Station to the workplace.
Key responsibilities & skills involved:
* Supervising and motivating staff.
* Previous experience as a chef, at least up to Sous Chef within the last 2 years
* Marinating order and discipline in the kitchen.
* Planning and managing food prep.
* Training new staff.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Great communication and team work skills
* Passion for food
* Own chef whites and chef knives
Recruitment checks for this role:
* Employment referencing with no gaps for at least 2 years
* Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate (must be dated within the last 3years)
Interviews are being held this week, with a potential start date of next Tuesday. APPLY NOW or call our office and ask for Nikita before you miss out on this incredible opportunity
Please note: The business operates on the split shifts above and need's someone who can fully commit to the hours, and looking for a temporary to permanent placement.