Sous Chef -£30,000 + Tips - Gastro Pub with Rooms - Axminster, South Devon
We are currently recruiting for a beautiful restaurant on the border of Devon and Dorset. This restaurant was awarded its 2nd rosette and is looking for a new Sous Chef to continue its award winning cuisine to the public. The restaurant also carries bedrooms which they cater breakfast for. As a Sous Chef we are looking for you to have an eye for detail, be well organised, have good communication skills. You will further understand the importance of using fresh and locally sourced produce to adhere to the standards required.
You will be working 5 days during the summer and 4 ½ in the winter months on a 5 day out of 7 working to business demands. It will be split shifts and you will work in a team of 4 chefs, (3 on duty at each time). It is all about the quality of cooking here as they are pushing for 3AA Rosettes and you will only cook for 20-30 people for lunch and 40-60 for dinner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Overall responsibility of the kitchen operation when the Head Chef is not on duty
* Producing and presenting the dishes to meet the required standard
* To assist with managing and maintaining the stock and storage
* To ensure the work area is kept clean and tidy at all times
* To help with creating new recipes and assist with writing menus
What You Need To Be a Successful:
* Experience at Rosette level and the ambition to help push for 3 Rosettes
* A creative flair with a passion for fresh produce
* Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to take operation to the next level
* Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate the team
There is no live in so you must have a form of transport to get to this Restaurant.
* Salary of up to £30,000 per annum plus tips of approx. £3,000-£5,000
* Great tips
* Excellent career progression opportunities
* Annual Holiday entitlement of 28 days
ACT NOW - PRESS THE APPLY BUTTON