Sortation Operative - Lothian
- Job Reference: 00044783-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Broxburn, West Lothian
- Salary: £12.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Temporary
Join our team at Amazon to keep the show going.
*** Start your role before 11th December 2021 and also receive up to £2000 sign on bonus, payments pro-rata dependent on shifts ***
** Additional £2 per hour now available until Dec 25th for Night and Hybrid shift. Hourly rate for these shifts is now £12.00 (Hybrid) - £13.76 (Nights) and overtime payments between £17.00 - £23.76 **
🕐 Role & Shifts
Temporary Role - Full time
Fixed shift patterns. Shift availability may vary.
Nights - 01:00 - 09:30
Early Morning - 06:30 - 13:00
AM - 09:00 - 15:30
PM - 13:30 - 20:00
Working patterns covering 2, 3, 4 and 5 days mostly including weekends
All the applicants who are successful in the selection process will be employed by our partner agency, Adecco to carry out a temporary work assignment for Amazon. Adecco offers Temporary / Flex Colleague Contract of Employment.
The bonus will be paid in two equal instalments’; First Payment is after 4 weeks and second payment is in week 52.
£12 for early mornings and £10.00 per hour for AM and PM.
£13.76 (£1.76 Night Shift Allowance) per hour for night time shifts.
Overtime (40-50 hours) £15.00
Overtime (50-60 hours) £20.00
Amazon Logistics (DDN1) IP2A DC (Jn. 2 M18), Ontario Drive, New Rossington, Doncaster, DN11 0BF, United Kingdom
Subsidised bus route from as low as £2 one way with buses from Glasgow - Glasgow East End - Livingston - Stirling - Edinburgh City Centre
You don't need previous experience, you’ll get on the job training.
✅ What you will be doing with your team:
• Unload, lift and relocate products
• Scan, sort and divert packages containing the full range of Amazon’s products.
After training, you may also:
• Move products using industrial trucks and machines, like forklifts and power pallets.
📦 What you will get:
• Competitive pay, higher than many similar jobs.
• Shift patterns that work for you.
• A safe, modern, and organized workplace.
• Free hot drinks, affordable meals and multiple break areas.
• Strong health and safety measures in place for COVID-19: increased cleaning, screens, social distancing, free face masks, hand sanitizer and more.
💪 Skills you need to bring:
• Your safety comes first. You must be able to follow safety, quality and production standards.
• You may stand and walk for a long time, this could be more than 8 hours per shift.
• You may need to lift and move products that weigh up to 23kg.
• You may need to be able to lift, bend, twist, kneel and crouch.
• You may need to be able to handle a full range of Amazon products, including alcohol and pork products.
🎯 What is next
We offer a fast application process.
1. Apply online in a few minutes, with no CV
2. Have a 15-minute virtual chat
3. Our partner agency will tell you about the next available shift
Employment and recruitment process are handled by our partner agency Adecco.
For more info, please check
Do you need an adjustment to the recruitment process?
If you have a disability and consider that you may require an adjustment to the recruitment process, such as a BSL interpreter, please contact us at with your full name, the best way to reach you and adjustment needed.
Need help to apply?
📞 (phone number removed)
Amazon offers many part time & full time jobs.
Check out all of our jobs here:
Select 'I Accept' and 'Continue' to apply