Our Client been operating at the forefront of technological innovation in the Space Industry and notably the satellite communications sector for more than two decades, offering to all stakeholders exemplary systems engineering expertise needed to define, design, develop and operate state-of-the-art solutions and systems. Their specific portfolio of capabilities and technology know-how is being applied across the full spectrum of any space related project, from initial market opportunity sizing and end- user requirements engineering into space, ground, and user segment development, commissioning, and operations. Serving both the commercial and defence domains, they provide unique modular and agile technology development services enhanced by proof-of-concept demonstrations.
Innovation, horizon scanning, and ingenuity are the guiding principles of all they do for their customers. Working for the business requires dedication, personal motivation, passion, and commitment as they continually seek to improve client outcomes. The excellent results the Company consistently achieves, continues to support their aggressive growth strategy. Their reputation at the personal and team level is outstanding, making it a great place to work and to develop your career.
Our Client supports system design, system analysis, major bids, implementation, and testing of military satellite communications networks including satellites built to civil and military specifications. These networks can involve GEO, MEO and LEO satellites and include the use of existing commercial satellite systems to augment core military satellites constellations.
They are recruiting a solution architect to strengthen the team. This role will typically be required to work with multiple customers on their projects. The candidate will have an excellent understanding of satellite and network projects at both system and subsystem levels, incorporating space and ground segments.
- Analysing customer requirements that involved complex technical aspects and trade off studies
- Designing, developing, and preparing system designs.
- Chairing design reviews.
- Ground segment engineering, solution development, documentation, and test scripting.
- Approving supplier technical proposals.
- Technical Project Management.
- Leading meetings involving sub-contractors and/or customers.
- Reviewing and providing commentary on existing customer analysis and documents as well as supporting due diligence activities.
- Preparing inputs for RFI responses, commercial proposals, and quotations.
Skills, Character And Experience
- Degree educated in an engineering discipline (mechanical, systems, computer science, or similar) or professional experience demonstrating equivalent competence in the discipline may be acceptable.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working within Space/SATCOM in Defence, European or UK Space programmes or a similar field.
- Strong practical knowledge of Systems Engineering practices from requirements engineering through design/development.
- A good understanding of emerging satellite technology platforms and solutions-service capabilities.
- Experience of large technology projects, including strategic and tactical planning plus implementation, design, and development.
- Must be proficient in the development of maintenance documentation and support programmes for developed solutions based on OEM component documentation.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to identify key issues and to solve day-to-day challenges and issues and to report upon and present Key Performance Indicator and Service Level Agreement information.
- Experience in delivering end-to-end software delivery lifecycle, using agile delivery methods and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Works as a team member delivering end-to-end solutions along with the Project Manager,
- Business Analyst, and Developer to deliver to the customer. Leading project meetings where required.
- Satellite link budgets and system capacity modelling
- Knowledge of standards of system or enterprise engineering (inc MBSE principles, SysML or TOGAF)
- Working knowledge in applications programming, scripting technologies (eg. LUA, PHP, SOAP) and Mission Engineering Software (STK)
- Knowledge of a wide range of satellite applications, e.g. Earth observation, communications, navigation, science etc.
- A working knowledge of network virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V).
- A knowledge of network management and monitoring
- An understanding of costing and market pricing principles.
- Professional Registration with a relevant Engineering/Science Institute, or equivalent body, as an Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer.
- Attractive compensation package dependent on skills/experience plus a growing list of Company benefits.
Please apply with CV.