- Job Reference: 00006243-1
- Date Posted: 7 May 2020
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
Work with IT colleagues and the wider business to understand stated requirements. Provide Conceptual and Detailed designs for IT services based on policies and roadmaps developed by Enterprise Architects. Provide Oversight and technical assurance for services during delivery.
1. Work with Business Analysts to ensure that the Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Non-Functional Requirements are suitably documented and are fit to determine the solution, can be tested against, and detailed enough to prove that the solution will deliver to the requirements.
2. Defining and articulating complex solutions for large scale / high impact projects, including business, application, data and infrastructure impacts along with testing and implementation considerations through defined design & approval process.
3. Developing pragmatic, commercially feasible architectures, considering all functional as well as non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, capacity, accessibility, security, usability).
4. Work in association with the Lead Solution Architect to ensure that quotes for design timescales / technical costs are increasingly accurate as progress is made through the design cycle.
5. Leading a multi-disciplinary team of application, data and infrastructure professionals to implement the architecture, including those distributed across geographical boundaries.
6. Troubleshoot complex and intermittent problems to tight timeframes whilst under pressure.
7. Provide strategic consultation to QinetiQ and its subsidiaries projects and service development initiatives in defining or designing business processes and functions, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer requirements.
• Solution architecture: Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas. Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
• Consultancy: Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
• Technical specialism: Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical domains, and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy. The knowledge can be any aspect of information or communication technology: Process, Data and Application, Infrastructure or Networks and Security.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Preferably Degree qualified or equivalent experience.
• Relevant domain level certification such as CCDP / CCIE, MCSE, OSCP, LPIC-3 etc. or equivalent providing evidence of advanced domain level knowledge and capabilities.
• Extensive experience in designing secure solutions for in a complex IT environment.
• Minimum of SC security clearance will be required, capability to achieve DV is desirable.
#LI – QQ