Precision Decisions grew out of a family farming business, and continues to offer comprehensive precision farming services based on sound agronomic and practical experience.
Our expanding team now has specialties across agronomy, software and customer service, working from our York office with dedicated workshops and development facilities.
As we continue to develop our capabilities and form new working relationships we are able to offer an even wider range of products and services to our customers, and our research into future technologies is creating exciting possibilities which we look forward to introducing in the future.
As part of our Precision Farming business, we are looking to recruit a soil services field technician to join our team. The role will involve traveling to our customers’ sites and using our GPS guided RTV vehicle precision sampling system, taking soil samples from arable/grassland sites, then processing these ready for laboratory analysis. With further training, the role will also extend to operating our electro-magnetic soil conductivity scanning service, which utilises auto-steer technology.
- Travelling to customers sites and carrying out soil sampling and field scanning services across the UK
- Working largely independently, the role involves driving a Kubota RTV (fitted with an automatic soil sampler) across the fields under examination to take soil cores for analysis.
- Maintenance and light mechanical work will be required with the equipment to ensure the machinery remains in suitable operational status at all times.
- Occasionally the soil technician role may be called upon to support the wider precision farming team in the support of field trials or research work
- Based from our offices near York, the role will involve extensive UK travel and will include overnight stays away. Full training will be provided.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proactive ‘Hands-on’ and 'can-do' approach
- Good communication skills and punctuality
- Ability to stay away overnight when required
- Good level of basic mechanical comprehension
- Good IT knowledge and experience including the ability to problem solve
- Basic understanding of farming practices is advantageous but not essential
- Confident driver with a Full UK driving licence which has been held for over a year
Competitive package, negotiable subject to experience
Five weeks annual holiday (plus bank holidays)
Workplace pension scheme including the option of salary sacrifice
Relevant on the job training
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Seasonal
Ability to commute/relocate:
- York, YO30 1BS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)