Software Product Development Manager
|Job Title:||Software Product Development Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Gardiner|
|Job Published:||December 13, 2018 15:24|
(MUST HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE)
Salary - negotiable
Our client is a foundation for multi-omics in large-scale life sciences R&D and translational science. They work hard to make complex ‘omics simple, helping biologists make decisions.
We are looking for people who are passionate about innovating for customers, who are ready to take on product ownership fully and want to work hard to help change lives.
You will lead the delivery of new product to scientists working on discovering medicines and improving people's health. You will participate in the developing the strategy and vision for new products. Your work will impact the end-user experience, design, architecture and implementation of cutting edge products used by scientists across the world's biggest and most advanced companies.
The role is inherently cross-functional: you will work with engineering, design, sales, marketing, finance, and executive management to bring features to market and develop and grow opportunities.
A successful candidate will be smart, creative, and persistent, a strong leader who can prioritise well, communicate clearly, and combine various technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products that users love.
• Lead the development of the multi-omics data management and analytics product strategy and vision
• Understand, map out and own the user journey across our customer base
• Work closely with engineering, design, sales, marketing and finance to realise your ideas and deliver products to market
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to build products and applications
• Run product discovery to ensure that our understanding of our users, their industry and their specific needs is crystal clear, and that we achieve product-market fit
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Bachelor's degree or higher within a technical discipline
• 5+ years of customer-facing software product development experience
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
• Experience bringing a complex enterprise product to market successfully
• Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas
• Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities, ability to be self-motivated and proactive
• High attention to detail including precise and effective communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering products from idea to launch in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience in the life sciences (drug discovery, biology, chemistry, medicine, bioinformatics) domain is a strong plus