|Location||Livingston, West Lothian||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£41000.00 - £45000.00 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
Software Development Engineer required as part of our clients product development strategy, they are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to join their small team designing and developing software for our expanding range of products at our Livingston base.
These products are used in leading edge research by many prestigious research and development establishments around the world, from universities to pharmaceutical and industrial companies.
Our software products cover a broad range of functionality, ranging from data acquisition and hardware control to data visualisation, processing and numerical analysis, and data management.
This position requires candidates to be degree qualified in software engineering or a related engineering/science discipline with relevant software development experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
As an ideal candidate you will be able to demonstrate:
* Proven experience of commercial or industrial software product development to high quality standards
* Experience in all areas of software development - from gathering requirements and writing specs to testing and debugging
* Microsoft Windows programming experience using C++, C# or Delphi
* A thorough understanding of Object Oriented Design methods and patterns
* Excellent UI design skills
* Experience of using Source Code Management and Bug tracking tools
* Excellent communications skills
* You are self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
* Attention to detail
Additional experience in one or more of the following areas would be very useful:
* Implementing and developing Numerical Analysis techniques
* Database design
* Data visualisation, charting and graphics
* Using communications interfaces such as USB and Ethernet to connect to hardware devices such as hardware controllers, sensors and cameras
* Controlling and monitoring hardware devices via stepper motors, digital I/O and ADCs/DACs