- Job Reference: 00018604-1
- Date Posted: 7 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Exeter, Devon
- Salary: £43,550 to £49,275
- Sector: Government & Defence, Healthcare & Medical, HSE, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Seetec Pluss is one of the UK’s leading providers of employability and health services, supporting thousands of people to move into employment each year
As part of the expansion to the existing Work and Health Programme (WHP _JETS), which provides tailored employment support services to individuals, this role will ensure a targeted employment scheme is available to those individuals who have recently been made unemployed as a result of the devastating impact of Covid-19.
The scheme will address the barriers to gaining alternative employment with tailored support to enable individuals to achieve and sustain new employment.
We are currently seeking talented individuals to join our team as Software Developers. This role will be assisting in the ongoing development of an existing enterprise level application. The application is the core CMS platform the organisation uses to deliver multiple employability contracts including the WHP_JETS contract. You will be responsible for working on our internal software solutions, building on existing functionality and creating new application. You will work with the development team writing software solutions to business requirements in line with the agreed design strategy and deliver IT projects to plan while minimising risk and disruption to the business. You will also work to user requirements to meet the needs of the business via our in-house software solutions. This will involve both windows and web development with a requirement to support mobile devices and possibly offline solutions
We anticipate a large proportion of this job will be delivered whilst working from home, therefore an appropriate working environment is essential for the right candidate
This Working Health Programme - Job Entry Targeted Support will address the barriers to gaining alternative employment with tailored support to enable individuals to achieve and sustain new employment.
Be proud to be part of the recovery.
* Develop technological solutions according to best practice and design patterns.
* Able to self-manage your projects
* Good communicator at all levels (from Systems Architect to end-users)
* Understand detailed specifications and technical interfaces.
* Design and build databases (MS SQL) applying normalisation practices.
* Discuss requirements and work closely with end-users (clients)
* Consider installation, security and compatibility issues
* Completing and processing Jira cards for the work within a sprint.
* Undertake requirements gathering with stakeholders to ensure software is fit for purpose.
Skills and Experience
* Object orientated programming experience
* Ability to write code to interact with various API’s to integrate multiple systems
* Experience working with systems where security is a primary consideration, knowledge of XSS, SQL Injection, SSL, Role Based Authorisation
* Highly experienced in the following:
- Visual Studio IDE using C# or .NET.
- SQL Server.
- Experience of writing in the MVC framework.
- Data modelling and reporting
* Ability to work alone for long periods unsupervised
* Understanding of DevOps within an Azure environment
* Experience of .NET Core for potential migration in the future
Salary £37,400 - £44,000 pa.(dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hrs per week - 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday- Friday (Full Time)
Closing Date: 3 September 2020
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Skype
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
Seetec Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec Pluss support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”.
Seetec Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
*If you require assistance with your application or an alternative format please contact the recruitment team on (phone number removed)