- Job Reference: 00056865-1
- Date Posted: 21 June 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Salary: £32.00 to £35.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Contract, Temporary
SW Locums are looking to source a Qualified Social Worker with valid right to work in the UK, to work in the Mental Health Social Care Team in Milton Keynes.
The team is a particularly well balanced and supported, and are looking for experienced Social Workers to join them.
All candidates must hold a recognised Social Work Qualification (DipSW, CQSW, Degree in Social Work).
Applicants will be a qualified professional who has experience of working in a mental health setting within adult social care within the UK.
Candidates must have a good knowledge of current legal frameworks such as the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Mental Health Act 1983.
You will have a post qualification experience of being a Best Interest Assessor or an Approved Mental Health professional or a Practice Teachers award.
Our client can offer you an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop professionally, with an extensive training portfolio for both qualified social workers and Approved Mental Health Practitioners.
* To operate within a sound understanding and application of current legal frameworks such as the Care Act, Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act.
* To ensure that social care practice within Mental Health is well embedded and meets all statutory and practice requirements.
* To provide the professional lead in cases and support unqualified workers in their practice.
* Keep up to date with developments in service delivery, best practice, and case law to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards.
* Assess the needs of adults. Providing clear evidence which fairly and accurately determines the level of need and outcomes identified in partnership with the person.
* Ensure that any interventions or services support the service user in way that enhances their independence, choice and wellbeing.
* Monitor and review support plans, and services to ensure that eligible needs are met in a way that the person has determined.
* Balance the varying demands of a caseload, maintain accurate individual case records and ensure that all required reports are completed to agreed timescales.
* Participate in supervisory meetings with team manager and/or a senior member of staff on a regular basis ensuring that the line manager is adequately informed about cases and practice.
* Be responsible for professional development and training needs.
* Support and/or undertake Safeguarding investigations and other specialist assessments specific to the service area and level of training and career grade of the post holder.
* Work closely with other agencies and services in a co-operative way, sharing information and planning care together to meet the needs of the adult holistically.
* To ensure the efficient and effective use of resources to meet identified outcomes proportionate to levels of need and eligibility.
* Provide supervision and support to students and other staff where appropriate to skills and experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good IT skills.
* Able to manage own work, prioritise, plan and use time efficiently.
* To complete detailed risk assessments based on information from varied sources acknowledging that people have the right to make decisions and choices which may be considered unwise.
* Skills and knowledge in listening to adults with complex needs, observing and making informed decisions based on information received and assessed.
* Take responsibility for quality and completion of own work within required standards.
* Complex case management and risk management.
At SW Locums you will benefit from working for a progressive and capable agency, established for over 12 years and with well over 50 years combined social work experience.
you will also receive:
* Payment weekly, faster than anyone else.
* Most generous rates of pay.
* Access to our knowledge base from our vastly experienced consultants, who will offer you confident and accurate advice.
* No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice, giving peace of mind.
* Support network available 24/7.
* Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
* Free DBS and compliance service.
* Access to on-going training opportunities.
* Industry leading “Refer a Friend” and “Find your own job” bonus scheme offering up to £500 for successfully placed referrals.*
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme