Social Worker - Community Team - Isle of Wight - £38ph
- Job Reference: 00053344-1
- Date Posted: 31 December 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Newport, Isle of Wight
- Salary: £35.00 to £38.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Contract
mbi Medical are pleased to be working with Isle of Wight Council, who are currently looking for Qualified Social Workers to join their Adult Social Care on the Isle of Wight as part of their Community Team at St Mary's Hospital in Newport.
The key role will be to facilitate and support individuals to complete a needs assessment using a strengths-based approach, which focuses on the skills and abilities, considers their networks of support both within families and the wider community.
The Social Worker will be:
- Undertaking full care act assessments in line with current legislation to support hospital discharges, determining people's long term needs and supporting carers.
- Working as part of an integrated discharge team in a hospital setting, with occasional requirement to support the hospital duty team with trusted assessment work.
Key experience required:
- Clear experience and operational knowledge of working in a busy and pressurized front-line team
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) one to one and with client groups
- Complex case management
- Good collaborative skills, maintaining strong relationships with partners
- Safeguarding and continued Healthcare
- Sound understanding of current Social Care legislation including Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act etc
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Able to work independently to strict deadlines under pressure
- To demonstrate person centred working
- Ability to utilize ICT at a high level and adapt to new ICT systems
You will need:
- Professional Social Work Qualification
- SWE registration
- Enhanced DBS
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Shifts will be 5 days per week Monday - Thursday, 8.30am until 5pm and Friday 8.30am until 4.30pm = 37 hrs Occasional weekend working (at a higher pay rate) may be required, to be taken back as time in lieu.
CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO BE BASED HERE ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT FOR THE WORKING WEEK.
THEY WILL ALSO NEED TO HAVE THEIR OWN VEHICLE ON THE ISLAND
THERE WILL BE SUPPORT TO HELP WITH FERRY TRAVEL COSTS
THIS CONTRACT WILL RUN UNTIL MARCH 2022 (potentially will be extended in the New Year)
APPLICANTS WILL NEED TO HAVE COMPLETED THEIR COVID VACCINATION PROCESS