Social Worker Child Protection
- Job Reference: 00084456-1
- Date Posted: 30 July 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Wokingham, Berkshire
- Salary: £32.00 to £35.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Contract, Temporary
SW Locums need a Qualified Social Worker for The Family Placements Team in Wokingham. We are looking for an experienced Supervising Social Worker to work with the team initially for 3 months with a view to extending.
Candidates must be one year post qualifying and have worked in a Family Placements Team previously. Specifically looking for fostering experience with completing assessments, form F’s, SGO and Viability assessments.
* Complete viability assessments of family members and friends to establish their initial suitability to care for a child/young person.
* Undertake joint visits with a child’s SW to complete Reg 24 and viability assessments.
* Complete assessments of connected persons as prospective foster carers and/or special guardians for presentation to Fostering Panel and/or submission to court.
* Supporting and supervising connected person foster carers.
* Ensure that all information is regularly updated on electronic systems.
* Ensure that all work carried out is in accordance with the requirements of the performance management structure and guidelines.
* Ensure the prospective carers are involved where possible in all decision-making and information sharing, working in a person-centred way (including addressing cultural and communication needs) ensuring choices and aspirations are acknowledged and that a professional and respectful response is given at all times.
* Participate in appropriate activities and learning to develop own professional expertise. Develop and improve services, maintaining up to date knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements and good practice.
* At all times, to promote and safeguard the welfare of children who live or access services in, or who are looked after by Wokingham Borough Council.
* Good working knowledge of the relevant statutory and regulatory framework and of an appropriate range of professional interventions.
* Critical awareness of current issues and new evidenced-based practice research.
At SW Locums you can look forward to:
* A refreshingly professional and honest approach to your job search.
* Fast and accurate rates of pay.
* Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
* Conscientious and well informed advice.
* Contact available 24/7.
* Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
* Free DBS and compliance service.
* Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
* Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme