Social Worker Adults
- Job Reference: 00084444-1
- Date Posted: 30 July 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Dudley, West Midlands
- Salary: £30.00 to £32.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Contract, Temporary
SW Locums are recruiting for a UK experienced senior social worker required to join the Dudley Adult MASH - applicants will be expected to have relevant experience and a thorough understanding of safeguarding under the Care Act.
Minimum of 3 years post qualified UK experience in a similar setting required.
Primarily working from home, the role involves screening safeguarding concerns, gathering information from partner agencies and reaching Care Act compliant threshold decisions.
Part-time workers will be considered where they are able to work the start of the week.
* To work in the Adult Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (Adult MASH).
* To ensure appropriate implementation of West Midlands Adult Safeguarding Procedures and of the local Dudley MBC Adult Safeguarding procedures.
* Highlight and assess risk and reduce/prevent harm or abuse.
* Ensure the individual is made safe if immediate risk identified.
* Carry out duty senior function for safeguarding contacts, prioritising and determining the nature of our response.
* Completion of lateral checks, determination of level of risk and priority of response.
* Discussion and information gathering with partner agencies.
* Making referrals and signposting as appropriate.
* Determining whether the threshold for a enquiry under Section 42 of the care act is met.
* Attendance at MARAC representing adult care teams.
Attendance at other meetings where required such as Board sub groups and other information sharing meetings with partners.
* Contribution to and deputising for Assistant Team Managers in authorising decisions and other duties where required.
* Arrangement of, and particpation in urgent planning meetings.
* Undertaking some safeguarding enquiries and monitoring of enquiries being undertaken by partner agencies.
* Duty visits as directed by Assistant Team Managers.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
* Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
* Great rates of pay.
* No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
* Fastest and accurate payments available.
* Contact available 24/7.
* Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
* Free DBS and compliance service.
* Access to on-going training opportunities.
* Industry leading “Refer a Friend” and “Find your own job” bonus scheme offering up to £500 for successfully placed referrals.*
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme