|Location||Stonehouse, Gloucestershire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£45000 - £50000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
* Designing, validating and delivering high quality embedded product software, primarily written in C, within a project team, or as an individual engineer, to agreed timescales and specification.
* Working within a multi-functional team of design engineers located locally and at other sites on new product development projects and legacy product maintenance.
* Estimating, planning and documenting own work at all stages of development cycle.
* Team working, communicating with and providing technical support to other departments, although working independently if necessary.
* Contributing to product technical specifications and accurate project plans.
* Supporting strategic technology direction through own work and by proposing innovative technology development, application and solutions.
* Maintaining awareness of state-of-art technology and market trends affecting company products and services, and recommending appropriate actions in response.
* Applying a variety of accepted technology concepts as well as having the resourcefulness to apply new methodologies and technologies.
* Monitoring and developing IP strategies within own area of expertise based on good understanding of IP strategies and competitors' patents in relevant domains. Actively working to identify and mitigate risks in research and development (R&D) projects and activities.
* Supporting and leading less experienced engineers.
Supporting technical queries from other business functions such as Sales, Service, QA and Technical Support.
* Developing products that are innovative and cost effective which are delivered on time and to budget.
* Ensuring quality of products through competent design, accurate implementation and effective validation of software.
* Fully participating with a multi-disciplined cross-functional team in the creation of new products and the support of existing ones.
* Good Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electronic Engineering or a similar technical subject.
* Experienced in embedded software engineering for commercial / industrial electronic products using C programming language.
* Experienced in agile development practices.
* Experience of development in resource constrained and ultra-low power measurement instrumentation.
* Embedded software development experience with communications protocols such as HART, Modbus, Profibus, DNP3, GPRS, 4G, MQTT.
Good understanding of analogue and digital electronics.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.