Slow sand filter technician
|Job Title:||Slow sand filter technician|
|Salary:||£21500 per annum|
|Start Date:||2018-12-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ali Dearlove|
|Job Published:||December 13, 2018 16:48|
- Experience working in an outdoors role in all weathers.
- Good practical skills gained from previous manual work, preferably on a plant or other industrial environment.
- Pride and enthusiasm in your job.
- Physically fit with a 'can do' attitude.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Excavator or dumper experience is highly advantageous.
- Depending on experience and/or qualifications we are offering a starting salary from £21,500.
- 24 days annual leave increasing with years of service.
- A generous pension scheme whereby the Company will match twice of what you contribute up to 12% company contribution.
- Life insurance of 8 x salary.
- Annual pay review.
- Season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
- We also offer 2 paid volunteering days per year.
Cleaning and maintenance of the Slow Sand Filters (SSF) at Coppermills Water Treatment Works to ensure throughput of production, meeting customer demand in line with company health and safety legislation.
Skimming filters, the removal/ relaying of granular activated carbon (GAC) and re-sanding of SSFs. This is all carried out using specialist mobile plant including skimmers, loading shovels, dumpers and excavators.
Operate the Floatex plant (Sand Washer) and GAC separation plants as well as the mobile crane when required.
Performing a range of assigned activities including routine checks, maintenance and operating mobile plant to ensure that services are delivered to time, cost and quality standards.
Why choose us / our client?
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a team that has a direct impact on the treated water that goes straight to the customer. Slow sand filters enable our client to supply a third of London's drinking water. This frontline role maintaining these filters enables our client to keep up with the demand and ensures London is always fully supplied with water.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the UK's largest water company and join their operations team.