Site Sustainment Engineer
|Job Title:||Site Sustainment Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Toby Patterson|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 16:54|
My client, a leading business in their industry, are currently recruiting for a Site Sustainment Manager to join their Test Equipment Team in Tewkesbury.
The successful Site Sustainment Engineer will be tasked with oversseing resource, infrastructure and services to maintain, and ensure continued operation of test equipment at our facilities.
In this role you will also be required to support the strategic direction of the Test Equipment Sustainment Group and provide leadership for the site function.
Previous experience within a demanding and fast paced engineering and production environment is essential and familiarity with test equipment sustainment is a must. Further to this the individual should be able to demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to proactively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Strong communication skills are pivotal. Verbal and written communications, employee performance monitoring and review, employee training and dealing with a broad spectrum of management disciplines are all fundamentals of the position.
The role is expected to be an active member of the Operational Site leadership team, participating and supporting activities in support of the site's facility and operational strategy.
Site Sustainment Engineer Key Skills/ Expertise
- To ensure that test equipment is effectively installed, inspected and maintained to ensure the safety of employees and compliance with the legal requirement
- Accountable to the Senior Engineering Manager - Global Test Equipment Sustainment and Operational Site Leadership, for the health, safety and welfare of their staff; also accountable for the effective implementation of Health and Safety Policies within the area for which they are responsible
- The role shall execute the responsibilities for personnel staffing, individual performance monitoring/review and training. Selection, mentoring and development of personnel to support the departmental responsibilities and to ensure continued test equipment engineering capability
- Resource demand forecasting and creation of multi-disciplined site teams eliminating single point failure and ensuring continuity of support
- Identifying and developing strategic suppliers in the provision of Sustainment Services
- Spares and obsolescence management for existing deployed assets
- Resource allocation and long term demand forecasting. Coordinating daily department workload, making immediate short term staffing adjustments as necessary to maintain schedules and minimize test equipment downtime
- To maintain and control the configuration management of test equipment deployed for operational use at their facility
- Implementation, administration and continuous improvement of sustainment processes, procedures, and standard tools
- Fostering a Lean organization that is responsive to changing requirements, adapting to maintain appropriate levels of support
- Budget preparation and reporting
For further information on this Site Sustainment Engineer vacancy email or send an application.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's