Site Shunter / LGV Driver (Nights)
- Job Reference: 00027300-1
- Date Posted: 14 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Tonbridge, Kent
- Salary: £550 Per Week
- Sector: Transport & Logistics, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Site Shunter / LGV Driver (Nights)
*** The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us. If you are invited to attend an interview, you will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire, and we would ask that you do not attend any interviews or assessments on site if you are self-isolating or if anyone in your household, including yourself, is displaying any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
We will be making the necessary adjustments to our recruitment processes to ensure we follow Government guidance which could result in recruitment taking longer than we would like. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we adapt our ways of working during this time. ***
Hours: 17:00 - 05:00
Shift Pattern: Wednesday - Saturday
Salary: Over £550 pw (gross) plus overtime enhancements if desired
As a Shunter, you will be required to ensure the timely movement of trailers, and when necessary, deliver loads from one location to another (Class 1 licence requirement) in line with company standards and operational requirements.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor - Nights, you will:
- Place trailers in the required areas as per instructions from the warehouse teams
- Ensure all necessary safety checks are carried out and report any defects, accidental damage or incidents as soon as they are discovered
- Ensure fridges are set at the correct temperature, in line with loaded product temperature requirements and diesel tanks have adequate fuel at all times
- Remain professional and courteous in all communications
- Preserve vehicle parking area layouts and report debris or potential hazards to the site services team
- Continuously work in line with Health & Safety legislation
- Load and unload vehicles using warehouse MHE in line with Health and Safety standards
You may be required to carry out driver duties, this will typically be delivery to retailer RDCs, in addition to collecting from supplier farms and pack houses
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
To join us as a Shunter, you will need:
- A full driving licence
- Experience of working in a very fast-paced environment
- To be self-disciplined and motivated, with the ability to use your own initiative
- To be an excellent team player
Due to the LGV Driver requirements of this position, you will also need:
- A Class 1 licence
- An understanding of the legal requirements regarding tachograph and driving hours
Other organisations may call this role Site Operative, Shunter, Yard Shunter, Driver, Class 1 Driver, or LGV Driver.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer the added bonus of an excellent benefits package, which includes – but is not limited to – the following:
- Free Fowler Welch Health Care Cash Plan
- Free life insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary.
- Competitive pension scheme
- ‘Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment.
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers.
Apply now and join us on the road to success!
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency