Site Reliability Engineer
- Job Reference: 00085144-1
- Date Posted: 5 August 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: £55,000 to £90,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
Site Reliability Engineer
SearchPilot is looking for an experienced UK-based Site Reliability Engineer to help us build and improve our rapidly growing and evolving infrastructure. Our infrastructure is built inside AWS, and we work closely with our customers’ own tech teams to ensure our integrations with their technology stacks are robust.
SearchPilot built the first SEO A/B testing platform to come to market. We are on a mission to prove the value of SEO for the world’s biggest websites by empowering them to make agile changes and test their impact, and we are looking to expand our small engineering team.
Preferred skills /experience
We’d love to meet anyone who ticks most of the following - note that you do not need to have deep experience in all of these areas to apply:
* A strong communicator who can explain technical concepts clearly, the role involves speaking with customers regularly
* Enjoys getting things right whilst realising that done is better than perfect
* Enjoys learning new things
* Self-directed and self-motivated
* Strong AWS experience and knowledge.
* Good understanding of HTTP & networking; for our proxy layer it is important to understand this well.
* Exposure to various CDNs is useful, but not essential.
* Prometheus (with Thanos/Cortex) experience is helpful.
The role sits within the current engineering team of 8 people, and you will work alongside our existing SRE, reporting directly to the CTO.
Technologies we currently use:
* AWS: EC2, ECS, RDS, ELB, NAT Gateway, Route53, CloudFormation, Kinesis, S3, KMS, Fargate, Batch, CodePipeline & more
* We use Python in places for controlling orchestration
* Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana
* Our proxy layer is homegrown in Golang
* The web app is Django + React
What we offer:
* Expected salary range £55-90k depending on experience
* 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
* Subsidised private healthcare and life insurance
* 5% pension matching
* Subsidised gym membership
* A laptop and second monitor
* A Kindle with some books preloaded
* A £600 personal budget each year you can use to make you happier or more productive at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair, or training
* Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons (when we’re in the office!)
We are looking for applications from UK-based candidates who wish to work primarily remotely in the UK within reach of occasional travel to London. As things normalise after COVID-19, we will expect remote team members to meet in our London office about once every 2-3 months.
We believe in the benefits of working remotely, but also value a sense of shared mission and personal community, which benefits from sometimes getting together. If your circumstances don’t perfectly align with this, we are flexible and will discuss.
At SearchPilot we are passionate about our team, and we want that to be more than just words. We want to continue to build a team of people who can thrive and succeed, as well as feel valued and welcomed, at all levels.
As part of that goal, we are trying hard to actively build a diverse team, as we believe diversity is a necessary component to building the strongest company possible. To this end, one of the steps we have taken is committing to an annual report assessing how we are doing on this front: 2020 report / 2021 report.
SearchPilot does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristic irrelevant to an individual’s ability to fulfil the relevant role. We are committed not only to meeting our legal obligations in this area, but also to the positive promotion of diversity in our teams