- Job Reference: 00039984-1
- Date Posted: 20 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Construction Site Manager for permanent job in Sussex
Your new company
If you are feeling that now is the time to start working more locally, and you are looking to work with a highly professional construction company then this role with a Sussex based regional main contractor who are currently expanding in line with their growth plan and winning Sussex based £multi-million contracts will be of interest.
Working for a successful, and expanding Main Contractor, this is an additional new position that has been created for a construction Site Manager. The company are regional construction specialists working on projects predominately in the education, healthcare, residential and refurbishment sectors with historic building work also undertaken. They work much of the time with clients they have developed over many years and value a collaborative approach with professionals and sub-contractors alike. They are currently involved in several of Sussex most challenging and groundbreaking projects and are looking to welcome an experienced Site Manager to join their team. They have offices in Sussex, Surrey, and Kent.
They are currently on target for their planned expansion of the business, and due to the successful tender of several pipeline projects they are now in a position to once again add to their team and recruit for an experienced Site Manager. This role will suit you if you are an ambitious construction manager looking to build interesting and community based buildings and who is looking to stand alone as the manager on site with a company who allows you to run all aspects of you project - whilst providing the backup and support you require.
During the Covid-19 situation they have been proud to have been able to maintain all their sites - ensuring strict social distancing practice - and the forward order book of projects due to start in 2021 is on track and exceeding expectation. Many of their projects are in the Health and Education sector which has contributed to their stability during this time
Your new role
This role will include the following duties based on sites including primary schools; medical centres; pharmacies; secondary schools and colleges, hospitals, nurseries, listed building refurbishment projects, residential schemes; affordable flats; care homes; new build student accommodation blocks, warehouse units and commercial builds etc.
Duties will include -
* To oversee all activities on site, monitoring sub-contractors, plant and materials
* To work within the time frames scheduled in order to achieve the agreed programme and financial targets
* Understand and deliver your project within the agreed contract conditions with support from your visiting Contracts Manager
* To sustain the Company's reputation
* Line management of Assistant Site Managers. Providing leadership, direction and guidance, ensuring training needs are met
* To provide a link and share knowledge between site staff and other professionals
* To ensure that the management of the various processes involved in running the project comply with all policies and procedures
* To liaise with materials and sub-contract procurement teams and labour manager to ensure the correct resources are available
* Planning of the works
* Establish and implement safe and proper working practices
* Set realistic targets and monitor progress against them to ensure projects and sections are completed on time
* Set agendas and hold regular team meetings
What you'll need to succeed
* Previous site management experience of at least 5 years
* Ideally experience of working with a regional or national main contractor
* SMSTS + CSCS Black card+ 1st Aid at Work (ideal but not essential as training can be given)
* Professional attitude with a keen drive to make projects successful
* Clean Drivers licence
* Ability to oversee and mentor junior staff
What you'll get in return
The company are a stable, long standing member of the Sussex construction industry and work on prestigious and interesting projects predominately from £1m - £20m. They are looking for a manager with experience to bring their projects through to completion with a high standard, and a good rapport with the client. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package (details on application); and the opportunity to work with a forward thinking, challenge driven team as they expand into new areas of construction in the South East. Their management team are professional and friendly, with a strong team ethos
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.