Site Manager - UK/Overseas
- Job Reference: 00078046-1
- Date Posted: 22 June 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £26,952 to £45,000
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
I am delighted to be partnered with a market leading manufacturing/engineering business to appoint a number of full time, permanent Site Managers due to substantial growth.
This role is working away from home for a period of 6 weeks at a time going from project to project across the globe managing day to day company operations across client sites. There are both on and offshore projects and full training will be provided.
You'll be managing a team of Chargehands & Site Operatives and your main duties will include:
- Organising and carrying out the day-to-day application of products as required by project schedule and in accordance with company procedures
- Ensuring all duties on site are undertaken in a safe and controlled manner by site teams, and that suitable training has been provided
- Overseeing cost control to meet project requirements effectively and efficiently
- Control of stock levels to ensure correct rotation and ordering in line with project requirements
- Ensuring team maintain tools and equipment, including cleaning and safe storage
- Maintaining good standard of housekeeping; reporting/dealing with any issues, spillages, hazardous or dangerous practices
- Maintaining strict confidentiality relating to Company business
- Line management of site personnel; ensuring adherence to Company and legislative procedures
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems
Ideally you'll be from a coatings/insulation background but this isn't essential providing you have managed site teams previously.
A normal working day whilst on site will be 10 hours (onshore) or 12 hours (offshore). Various site uplifts and COLA payments where applicable will be included alongside your annual salary of £26,952 - we anticipate your OTE earnings will be around £45K. You will also be entitled to a 15% discretionary bonus scheme, 28 days per year holiday and life insurance 4x your annual salary.
The company is based in Gloucester but is accepting applications from across the UK, travel overseas can be required at short notice so it is beneficial if you live close to a major airport.
Due to the travel requirements successful applicants must hold an in date passport and must have received both COVID-19 vaccinations.
Want to know more? Apply now for further info