Site Manager - West Midlands County, West Midlands
|Job Title:||Site Manager - West Midlands County, West Midlands|
|Location:||West Midlands County, West Midlands|
|Start Date:||2019-05-10 00:00:00.0|
|Contact Name:||Stewart Hastie|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2019 09:22|
Bromford is a housing association. One with a very clear social purpose and the financial strength to build more of the new homes this country needs.
There are over 10,000 people waiting for an affordable home in our big four local authority areas (Lichfield, Tewkesbury, Cotswolds and South Gloucestershire) along with tens of thousands more across the rest of our geography. We’re continuously growing and that’s why we’ve recently committed to increasing our housebuilding programme by completing more than 1,000 new homes each year – and now we need a talented Site Managers to help us deliver our ambitions.
Our new Site Managers will help prepare sites for construction as well as then planning and managing these new-build projects from the start right through to completion. And despite the clear need for quantity, we also expect every property to be of the highest quality – after all, we want our homes to be right for every customer so that we are creating not only new homes but also sustainable communities which meet the aspirations of new customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our established construction team who take great pride in quality and who have a growing reputation to match. You will be expected to meet agreed specifications, budgets and timescales, ensuring the projects are cost effective and operated in a safe environment..
- To be a positive and inspirational leader to all colleagues and subcontractors working on your construction project
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management
- Develop and monitor strategies to deliver a quality build in accordance with project requirements
- Manage client expectations and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations
- Ensure effective communication and implementation to deliver the project on time
- Manage the operational aspects of the project to achieve the budget
- Review performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities
- Manage project handover and ensure defect /snag free completion
- Achieve exemplary customer satisfaction through effective handover and aftercare.
What do you need?
- Hold appropriate SMSTS
- Have previous Site Management experience within residential/housing development
- Ability to manage and build effective teams, coaching and developing talent
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Positive, adaptable and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good relationship and rapport building.
This position involves travel between multiple sites so the successful candidate must have a full Driving Licence.
Closing date for applications: 26th May 2019.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. Bromford Housing Group will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us. All employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
PMO Leader - Wolverhampton, West Midlands County
Wolverhampton, West Midlands County
£48000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car/allowance, holiday, pension,health care, life insurance, bonus etc
Site Manager - Fit-out
£22 - £24 per hour
assistant site manager
£18 - £20 per hour
Site Administrator/Document Controller
£20000 - £23500 per annum