Cubic Field Services Canada, LTD.
(NOC0125) OTHER BUSINESS SERVICES MANAGER, INSTRUMENTED COLLECTIVE TRAINING (AREA WEAPONS EFFECTS SIMULATOR) BATUS SITE MANAGER.
- Managing defence contractor staff supporting the British Army at Canadian Forces Base Suffield and liaising with serving Senior British Officers in order to support the British Army’s High Readiness Forces training.
- Liaison with Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) and Army to ensure contract delivery and shape future contract amendments.
- Day to day management of a dispersed, multirole team of 30. This includes managing detached personnel assisting other CUBIC sites around Canada and the rest of the world. Responsibility for all aspects of HR, including recruitment and discipline.
- Management of the AWES system including oversight of RF and IT equipment and allocation of appropriate resources.
- Identifying business development opportunities both within the AWES programme and also in the wider CFSC context and facilitating the successful prosecution of these opportunities.
- Advising Senior British Army Officers on the best use of the Site’s Technical Equipment in supporting the customer’s training.
- Supporting complex project and program work from other Cubic sections and be able to understand complex project documentation.
- Responsible for all occupational safety and health matters on Site.
- Full profit and loss accountability and routine reporting on financial matters.
- Liaison with other business units in supporting delivery of training and identification of interoperability and operating efficiencies.
- The Instrumented Collective Training Manager is required to be on Site for extended periods during the summer.
- Frequent travel both around Canada and internationally will be required.
- Organising and hosting visits of Military personnel, Cubic staff and other linked defence contractors.
- Other duties as required by the AWES Programme Manager, Managing Director of CFSC and Cubic corporate staff.
The post will be permanent full time and needs to be filled immediately.
Wage is between $111,229-130,000 gross per annum or $56.41 per hour depending on the applicant’s experience.
Benefits - Health and Dental, Vision, Pension.
The post is based at Canadian Forces Base Suffield, Building 538, Ralston, AB, T0J 2N0, Canada
Language of Work – English
All applications and enquiries to TBC.
Skill Requirements (Education):
- The applicant must have, as a minimum, a technical bachelor’s degree (minimum 2.1 level or US/Canadian equivalent)
- The applicant must have either a PRINCE or APM qualification or a minimum of 10 Masters level credits towards a project management award.
- The applicant must have received formal military staff training at the United Kingdom Defence Academy (minimum ICSC(L) or overseas equivalent).
Skill Requirements (Work Experience):
- The candidate must be a former British Army Armoured or Infantry, Commissioned Officer with at least 15 years’ service who achieved the substantive rank of major and sub unit command. Former Canadian or US Armed Forces who meet the requirements and have served with the British Army for at least 4 years would be considered.
- Recent (last 3 years) operational experience at Battlegroup level is essential
- Operational experience working within a coalition / multinational headquarters is essential (minimum 6 month deployment). The applicant must also be fully conversant with current NATO doctrine with regard to Battlegroup Operations and Joint Effects.
- Armoured or Armoured / Mechanized Infantry experience is essential. Completion of the Armoured Troop Leader, Armoured Infantry Platoon Commander or Armoured Close Reconnaissance Course and the application of combined arms tactics is are a must.
- Air Land Integration Experience is essential.
- Experience of project and / or programme management within United Kingdom Defence Acquisition is essential. Experience working as a requirements manager would be beneficial.
- The applicant must have experience of working as a professional military trainer for a minimum of 2 years and have received collective training as a sub unit commander.
- A minimum of 1 year experience of leading a highly qualified technical team in the delivery of training is essential.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience of working in the live military training environment delivering time sensitive lessons learned and process improvement training reviews is essential.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with key contractors and senior military customers.
- 15 years’ experience of briefing senior military and other government department officials is essential.
How to apply: