Site Foreman / Project Manager
- Job Reference: 00019494-1
- Date Posted: 16 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Mildenhall, Suffolk
- Salary: £30,000
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Site Foreman / Project Manager for the Glazing Refurbishment Division – Glazing Renovations Ltd
Glazing Renovations with offices based in Mildenhall, is a Subsidiary Company of a well-established SME Rooflight manufacturing Company Glazing Vision.
Glazing Renovations contains two divisions, one is the rooflight installation, repairs and servicing department of Glazing Vision with the other being a glazing refurbishment division.
Overview of position
An exciting position has become available due to an increase in works being won by the refurbishments department, and we are now looking for a Site Forman / Project Manager to manage contracts along with leading the project on site.
The position is very hands on, once further refurbishments works are won the position will turn more towards managing teams who will be on site.
You will need to be competent with glass and aluminium glazing systems, curtain walling repair /refurbishment, renovation of rooflights and other glazed structures as required to meet the needs of the Glazing Renovations business.
Due to the nature of this work it may involve travelling and out of hours and paid weekend working.
Along with the above skills you will have
· minimum 5 years working in the Industry.
· Good site Health and Safety knowledge
· Hardworking and “can do” attitude.
· Full UK driving licence.
· Good trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
· Capable of dealing with our clients face to face.
· Holding a valid (any or all of) SSSTS, CSCS, IPAF and PASMA certificates would be of benefit.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Glazing Renovations.
To manage refurbishment projects from conception to completion by being hands on site lead.
· Site supervisor / Foreman day to day running on site of all projects.
· Site survey and procurement
· Must have good working knowledge of computer systems like Word, Excel and outlook.
· Responsible for procuring all glass / consumables etc required to meet project needs and ensuring these are taken to site.
· Managing all Health and Safety on site for your team.
· Project ownership of Renovations projects from point of sales to completed installation.
· Ensure projects run to time and budget.
· Assist with site surveys including planning site works, preparing RAMS and liaising with both the customer and any sub-contractors/suppliers.
· Obtain and maintain any training requirements deemed a requirement for the role for both you and staff that report to you.
· And any other jobs reasonably requested by Glazing Renovations.
Salary and benefits
· Up to £30k PA depending on experience.
· You will be provided with a Company van.
· Company laptop and Company phone.
· After a successful probation period you will be included in our auto enrol pension scheme in which the Company pays 4%.
· 20 days holiday with an extra day gained for every full year worked along with 8 paid bank holidays.
Reference ID: GR/SF/PM 28 August 2020
Application deadline: 08/09/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year
Full PPE will be provided for the successful candidate in line with Government health and safety guidelines