|Job Title:||Shift Manager|
|Salary:||£32000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Holidays, sick,pension schemes|
|Start Date:||2019-04-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Angela Jay|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2019 11:33|
Location: Warrington, Cheshire WA4 6PS
Salary: Starting salary £32K to increase to £37.5K with achievable promotion.
Hrs : Rotating 3 shift pattern 06:00-14:00hrs / 14:00-22:00hrs/ 22:00hrs-06:00hrs
Contract Type: Perm / Full time
A Cheshire based company who play a major part in steel industry working on large international projects is seeking an experienced Engineering Shift Manager to work within their production facility based in Warrington, Cheshire.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will fully manage a dedicated shift, supporting and developing shift personnel to ensure full compliance with working practices and health & safety needs.
As the Engineering Shift Manager your duties will be to:
- Ensure that Operatives work in compliance with all H&S regulations at all times.
- Ensure that all Setters are maintaining output levels in line with targets and completing paperwork/reports accurately.
- Ensure that the production plan is followed and any non-conformance reporting procedure is correctly applied.
- Implement improvement actions to solve production and operator issues.
- Investigate accidents and report in line with procedure.
- Lead and promote Continuous Improvement activities in line with business objectives.
- Plan holiday usage taking into account business requirements, operator requests and logistic constraints.
- Carry out disciplinary's with support and guidance of the company's HR personnel.
- Implement training of the shift operatives in compliance with the factory requirements.
- Plan and conduct yearly appraisals.
To be a successful Engineering Shift Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a significant qualification within a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years Production experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience within a Managerial or Supervisory role.
- Must be highly computer literate :- Word, Excel, Powerpoint and ideally SAP.
- Six Sigma or LEAN certification preferred but not essential.
- Highly organised and excellent attention to detail.
- Have a logical and proactive approach.
- Keen to implement a modern/fresh approach to the role.
- Any First Aid training/certification would be ideal.
Starting salary will be £32K which would increase to £37.5K with achievable promotion.
Holidays entitlement will be 26 days + bank holidays along with a sick scheme, pensions scheme and an employee assistant program offered.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's