|Job Title:||Shift leader|
|Salary:||£28000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Kline|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2019 11:47|
You will be working in a demanding environment for a company that shows a responsibility to ensure that all employees are trained and motivated towards achieving even greater success as one team.
* Ensure that the shift operation is run in compliance with Health & Safety policies and guidelines. Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
* Take responsibility for the management of staff on shift, implement staff movements in case of vacations, illnesses, machine outages or shifting priorities.
* Manage, develop, motivate and efficiently resolve conflicts among direct reporting staff. Ensure good communication, either verbally or written, to all members of staff
* Reinforce focus on volume, efficiency and on time delivery
* Allocating, coordinating, and overseeing delivery of shift orders and work plan execution across multiple production lines to deliver production and quality targets
* Responsibility for the quality of product that is produced on shift in line with the quality systems, processes and procedures
* Delivery of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedules on shift
* Provide regular feedback and recommendations regarding issues within production lines, including production organisation, shifting priorities and critical situations.
* Serves as leader during shifts to oversee cooperation and the resolution of technical/quality problems, logistics and personnel issues.
* Carry out investigations as part of the disciplinary and grievance process
* Ensure that training requirements are met for current & future demands of the shift
* Play an active role in continuous improvement activities (Lean 6 Sigma) to achieve plans for future growth
* Support and train all team members so they can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve problems
* Making sure company resources are used in an effective manner on shift to ensure best operating costs
* Make appropriate decisions while following the organisational structure
* Monitor inventory and maintain parts and material stock within agreed parameters
* By flexible on shift rotation to ensure adequate supervision is available to cover vacations or illnesses of other Shift Leaders - Supervisors
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£27115 - £36685 per annum
Day Shift Engineer
£32000 - £34000 per annum
CNC Turner Day Shift
£11.70 - £12.50 per hour
Maintenance Shift Engineer
£34000 - £38000 per annum
CNC Turner - Day Shift
£11.00 - £12.00 per hour