|Salary||£30000 - £35000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Based close to Junction 11, M4
Due to continued expansion, we are seeking Shift Engineer to strengthen our team at our Reading laundry facility.
Responsibilities of the role include :
- To take a full and active role in the overall management and operation of the Engineering Department;
- To be assist with the creation, planning and organisation and implementation of all planned preventative maintenance activities;
- To review systems for monitoring of all plant and machinery and be pro-active in seeking remedies to minimise any down time which may affect the operation of the production facility;
- To review, monitor and maintain safe systems of work for the engineering team in consultation with the Engineering team and General Manager and the company’s health & safety adviser;
- Assist with the Managing of storage and ordering of spare parts and other essential equipment;
- Assist with the installation and annual review of key plant and machinery, monitoring performance and recording and reporting material defects to Directors of the Company;
- Help develop an asset register;
- Liaise with Production team to ensure any required maintenance or emergency repairs minimise disruption whilst ensuring work is carried out to the highest standards;
- Take pro-active role in daily, weekly and monthly machinery checks and repairs;
- Ensure all contractor activity is monitored and permits issued and signed off.
- Cover shifts day or night when engineers are on holiday, sick or on training courses.
- Attend call outs for serious breakdowns if required.
- Assist HOE with projects including energy improvement within the plant
- Deal with other day-to-day housekeeping issues across the business covering electrical and mechanical equipment; and
- Adhere to strictest confidentiality standards with regards all Company financial and salary matters.
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive and all members of staff are required to show a willingness to be flexible in helping the smooth running of the Company’s operations.
The normal shift hours are 45 hours per week covering various shifts systems Monday to Sunday inclusive. You must be prepared to be flexible in your approach to working hours including weekends.