SHE Officer - West Midlands
|Job Title:||SHE Officer - West Midlands|
|Salary:||£35000 - £38000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Sophia Darwin|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2019 14:56|
Company : Manufacturing/ Logistics Company
Location : Smethwick, West Midlands
HSE Recruitment Network are proud to represent this food manufacturing organisation, who are seeking a strong SHE Officer for their logistical arm to set up a robust safety platform from scratch. If successful you will provide guidance and advise and support the ongoing compliance of the management systems, policies and frameworks.
You will report to the Head of SHEQ and will be a key member of the team covering a single site, however there will be ad-hoc travel to other sites to share best practice.
Main responsibilities of the role :-
• Maintenance of the SHE Management system
• Support the timely delivery of Health & Safety objectives across the site such as risk assessments, audits and inspections
• Analyse and provide accident incident investigation reports
• Promote good Environmental practice across the site
• Assist with the management of all Stakeholder relationships (EA, HSE, Customers, Local community) to ensure that there are no compliance issues.
• Monitor and improve the local Health & Safety polices and plans in line with legal, group and customer requirement.
• Undertake a schedule for site inspections and compliance self-audits in order to identify gaps in compliance and develop and implement robust action plans
• Management processes including the investigation of all lost time incidents and management of the incident recording system to meet with statutory requirements
• Provide technical and other advice and assistance to the team
• Continue to drive a positive safety culture across the site and the wider group
• Assist the team to take measurements and liaise with external sources to quantify and qualify potential projects.
• Highlight and support the drive continuous improvement.
• Hands on Health and Safety support with regular manufacturing walks across all site
• Be involved and proactive in safety meetings to share best practice
• Support the trainers with development and delivery of safety training and coaching across site
Cultural Fit :-
• Passionate and driven
• Proactive in approach
• Able to overcome objections
• Able to influence and challenge others thoughts regarding safety
Qualification and required experience :-
• NEBOSH Certificate
• Knowledge of managing OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001
• Training and mentoring experience
For the role of SHE Officer you will receive a salary of up to £38,000 & car/ car allowance & package.
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: email@example.com / 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£25000 - £35000 per annum
Workplace Transport Consultant x 2
£250 - £300 per day
Safety, Health and Environment Manager
No fixed place of work
£38000 - £45000
£45000 - £50000 per annum
H&S AND FACILITIES MANAGER
£40000 - £50000 per annum