Sewing Machinist - Fabric textiles x15 immediate starts
Location: Derby City Centre - immediate start dates
Contract - Temporary
Shifts - Monday To Thursday 7am till 5.15pm
Salary - up to 39 hours £8.72 anything over 39 hours is paid at time and half
We are pleased to be working with a local fabric manufacturing company based in Derby City Centre. Due to the current demand of their business, they are on the search for their next intake of sewing machinist to join their team.
Have you worked in a textile role previously? Do you have sewing machinery experience? Or have you developed a sewing hobby during lockdown? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you, as we may have the role you are looking for right now, either on a short term or longer term basis.
The Job Role
A lot of the role will be repetitive, require you to sit at a workstation for 9 to 10 hours per day, see below a breakdown of the roles.
- Stocking up of sewing machines with threads
- Sew products at a fast pace, ensuring high standards are met
- Monitor your sewing machine ensure it is running at the correct efficiency
- Checking of quality of work along the way
- Intricate detailed work, working with fine threads, high dexterity and nimble fingers will be required
- The role will be very hands on working with small materials
- Very busy role - happy to work to targets and deliver goods to a high standard
- You will be required to work with a selection of machines including overstitch, lockstitch, and studding machines along with a few others. Training will be offered on their specific machines
Training will be offered for the right candidate, from one of their experienced members, however the client is looking for the following in someone
- Ability to sit and work in the same position for a long period of time
- Great personality
- Would really suit someone looking to develop in this role, or if you have hobbies, or upholstery skills this will be adventurous
- Quick learner and a want to learn new roles
- Excellent hand -eye co Ordinator
- Ideally previous experience working with fabric on a large scale
- Have a steady hand, along with concentration and excellent patience skills
- Have experience working with sewing machines
- Looking for long term work - people who work here tend to go and stay and they have long standing staff members up to 46 years!
- 7am till 5.15pm Monday to Thursday - great for anyone wanting a long weekend.
- Up to 39 hours £8.72
- Anything over 39 hours paid at time and half £13.08 per hour
If you have your own transport and access to your own vehicle great, If not don't worry as there are bus routes that drop you close to the warehouse, with a short walking distance.
**Please note we are asking candidates to apply online in the first instance so you can book your interview slot via Microsoft teams through video**
Once you are fully registered with us, you will then be asked to go and meet the HR Manager, for a tour of the factory and to see the job role, great opportunity to get to know the site, and for the site to get to know you.