Service Operations Manager
- Job Reference: 00018538-1
- Date Posted: 5 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Sandbach, Cheshire
- Salary: £75,000
- Sector: Transport & Logistics, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Service Operations Manager – Trucks & Heavy Machinery
Do you have experience of leading a vehicle or capital machinery service operation? Are you a strong team leader with excellent man management experience? Have you shown a commitment to exceptional customer service? Do you want to work for a market leading distributor?
Our client is a leading global distributor of trucks, machinery, municipal vehicles and more. Due to excellent results and growth, even during the Covid-19 period, they are now looking for someone to take on a new role heading up Service Operations. This role will be key in ensuring that the outstanding service reputation they have is maintained and improved against a background of further growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of a team of service and technical staff
- Manage all aspects of operational service (both field and depot based) within designated territory- Maintain customer relationships and understand requirements by building close relationships- Drive business growth and provide leadership
- Commercial involvement with the rest of the senior management team, including liaising with sales, account management, etc
- HSE Management
- Staff development, training, coaching
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and highly reputable business in a key tactical, operational, and strategic role.
The successful candidate will have prior experience of working within a service orientated role in a related industry. They need someone who has both an operational and commercial mindset.
You will have worked previously as a Field Service Manager, After Sales Manager, Operations Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Depot Manager, Engineering Manager or similar.
If you are interested in hearing more apply today.
*N.B. Due to the number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all enquiries