- Comply with all legislative requirements
- Adhere to any local client site rules and regulations
- Role model safe behaviour
- Travel and overnight stay may be required to undertake training and other business requirements
- Unsociable hours in line with business requirements maybe required
- Flexibility on work schedule and location maybe required
- Collaboration with all other site department managers to ensure the effective management of the site overall
- Effective collaborative working with Sodexo external partners, DIO employees and MoD consumers and personnel, including CCM where appropriate who work on site
- Ensure all practices are in line with Sodexo policies and procedures and those set out within Health and Safety and Food safety guidelines/legislation
- To act as a site Subject Matter Expert (SME) where appropriate to support other department managers and departments, offering guidance and support where required.
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays & healthcare.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your EPA to discuss and agree job performance, objectives and development activities
- To maintain professional work standards at all times
- To care for all company equipment and ensure that any faults are reported to management
- To act as duty manager ‘on call’ and holiday/weekend cover as directed by line manager
- To work in conjunction with other department managers to plan, organise and coordinate service activity within own assigned operational business area and across the site
- To ensure daily standards of service in assigned operational area, as detailed in the service level agreement, within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions and in line with applicable Sodexo service offer standards are achieved, maintained and developed
- To contribute to the growth of services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- To continually monitor all H&S and FS standards in all service operations and ensure they are maintained at the required level
- To drive performance through adherence to all promotional activity and marketing initiatives
- To contribute to the achievement of site budget performance as determined by segment business objectives
- To work in conjunction with other department managers to ensure operational excellence within assigned operational business area with specific responsibility for labour management and performance of a defined group of employees.
- Active involvement, promotion and support of activities aligned towards employee engagement and achievement of IIP Gold standard
- Develop and maintain a positive internal and external network
- Continued professional learning and development in soft FM services
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks and/or instructions as directed by management
- Knowledge of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar role
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
- Food safety qualification equivalent to CIEH level 3
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.