Service Introduction Lead
|Job Title:||Service Introduction Lead|
|Salary:||£40000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Millie Fogg|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2019 13:47|
The Service Introduction Lead will ensure that the Service transition standards set are delivered for each project that is either making a significant change or introducing a new service to the environment.
You will ensure the Service Delivery acceptance criteria, which includes functionality, operational support, performance and quality requirements have been met and that the team receiving delivery of the new or changed service is ready to operate the new service when it has been deployed.
In this role, you will:
- Act as Service Introduction SME for projects, taking accountability for Service Introduction deliverables and quality of such.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners at a peer level, with the aim to meeting expectations within the scope of Service Introduction.
- Perform the role within the parameters of the Service Introduction function objectives, taking responsibility for the activities performed, or taking direction from the SI Manager, Practice Lead or peers as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain broad business understanding and deep Digital Service Introduction SME expertise, including knowledge of the activities and practices within Thames Water and those of suppliers, partners, competitors and clients while taking the initiative to keep skills up to date.
- Provide Service Introduction support to Digital Delivery Projects/Programmes (this will result in supporting multiple projects where the level of complexity allows or a single project/ programme if the complexity and impact was sufficiently high).
- Ensuring all Service Introduction activities are included, planned and fulfilled with the relevant Project Manager.
- Ensure Service Introduction risks and issues are identified, and mitigating actions are proposed to the Service Introduction Practice Lead and relevant Digital Project / Programme Manager(s).
- Own and mitigate risks and issues relating to the Service Introduction function, ensuring that actions are agreed and executed in a timely manner.
- Engage with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard.
- Act as the main contact into the Service Introduction function for the assigned projects.
- Collaborating with stakeholders from all levels and disciplines, ensuring effective delivery of Service Introduction activities throughout the project/programme phases.
- Ensure Service Introduction activities are executed and completed to plan, reporting of progress to the project manager, SI Manager and practice lead, taking corrective pro-active action where required.
Mick Gray – Mick has been in IT for several years, he has held many posts across all aspects of IT up to and including Head of IT for a leading Re-Insurer in the City of London. 11 years ago, he had the opportunity to sit back and consider ‘what next’. He decided to take the skills he had accrued over the years and offer his services as a consultant covering all aspects of IT management, performing IT operational reviews as well as holding various Interim positions focused in the Service Management areas. In September 2018 he was approached by Thames Water as they looking to introduce a number of new disciplines, specifically around Service Readiness. This resulted in Mick joining Thames to lead the creation and setup of the now Service Introduction Practice.
Mick has spent many years assisting companies improving their service operations capabilities and the Thames opportunity was of special interest as it was looking to create a team that was new to Thames Digital, so required a broad understanding not only of the function to be set up but how it fits within the wider organisation.
As part of setting up the capability Mick would need to look for a permanent leader to take it forward, however during the new year of 2019 Mick was asked if he would consider joining Thames as that Practice lead, which he did from April 2019.
Mick decided to join Thames for a number of reasons, a leader in its field, recognised as a major employer in the areas it operates in, has a passionate workforce throughout, going through a significant change in terms of its IT organisation and capability which in itself offers a number of challenges that were of specific interest as Mick has always been recognised as an ambassador for change where ever he has worked.
Mick leads the team; currently we have two people in position and they are actively involved in a number of projects, projects that range from simple to complex and wide reaching. We have developed a set of strategies and standards which they follow, however as we all know not all projects are the same, so we have to be adaptable, pragmatic and creative to be successful.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Foundations in Prince 2 and/or Agile PM.
- You will be an ITIL v3 Service Introduction / Transition / Service Design certification practitioner.
- You will be MS Project proficient.
- You will have Digital Service Introduction experience across all facets of Service Introduction (e.g. specifying service / support requirements, defining and implementing support models, managing and defining service acceptance criteria, managing Early Life Support period, defining / agreeing SLAs, etc) across major projects within a multi-vendor ecosystem.
- Desirable skills include proficient use of Visio or similar for process map creation and experience in maturing a digital service introduction capability.
What’s in it for you:
As part of setting up a new Service Introduction Practice, this newly created role is pivotal to the successful outcome of new or changed business service coming online.
There is a lot of room to grow in this new practice, with an opportunity to make an impact and progress.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident Leader, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Service Desk Analyst
£9 per hour
Service Desk Administrator
£16500 - £18500 per annum
IT ServiceDesk Analyst
£11.00 - £20.00 per hour
IT ServiceDesk Analyst
£20000 - £22000 per annum
ICT Support Technician - Advertised on behalf of Essex CRC
Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum